Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 4.6 convertible, I am having intermittent issues with keeping it running. Replaced the fuel pump and filter, all power at fuse block is fine, but at least one or twice a month I'll have minimal to no fuel pressure at the rail, car will start and then die, or spit n sputter once in gear....Not sure if it's a wiring issue or the CCRM itself......HELP!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,630 Posts
Welcome to AFM!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

I moved your post to the proper area, for a better response.

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
I don’t think it’s the CCRM since it’s intermittent. Inside the CCRM is just a bunch of fuses. Fuses won’t blow, then fix themselves and then blow again. Know what I mean?

·
Super Moderator
1,630 Posts
I did some searching, and I’m not sure as to the accuracy, so take this with a grain of salt.

The Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) interfaces with the Power Control Module (PCM) to control the cooling fan, A/C Clutch and fuel pump. The module also includes the Electronic Engine Control (EEC) relay to provide power to the PCM.

It's basically a metal base with plastic cover that serves as home for a circuit board with a number of integrated relays.

Typically it has 4 or 5 relays.

1. PCM relay
2. High speed cooling fan relay
3. Low speed cooling fan relay
4. Fuel pump relay
5. A/C clutch/compressor relay

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
I did some searching, and I’m not sure as to the accuracy, so take this with a grain of salt.

The Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) interfaces with the Power Control Module (PCM) to control the cooling fan, A/C Clutch and fuel pump. The module also includes the Electronic Engine Control (EEC) relay to provide power to the PCM.

It's basically a metal base with plastic cover that serves as home for a circuit board with a number of integrated relays.

Typically it has 4 or 5 relays.

1. PCM relay
2. High speed cooling fan relay
3. Low speed cooling fan relay
4. Fuel pump relay
5. A/C clutch/compressor relay
Maybe the wires going to it might be faulty, but I doubt it’s the relays themselves since sometimes they work and sometimes not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t think it’s the CCRM since it’s intermittent. Inside the CCRM is just a bunch of fuses. Fuses won’t blow, then fix themselves and then blow again. Know what I mean?
I'm thinking more along the lines of the solder points on the motherboard vs. the relays themselves

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank u for the response, I found the issue after 8 months fighting the electrical gremlins....it was a short in one of the main connections feeding the rear of the Stang!!
IMG_20200801_174008740.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts