Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I walked outside this morning and noticed something about my GT. It has no fog lights like GT are suppose to have. I looked underneath and the where the fog lights go it blocked off like a V6. I found this very weird but anyways lets get to the point. I plained on replacing them with smoked fog lights but now that they aren't there and it is blocked off, I'm not sure how to put some on. If you guys cud post me some details on how to install some fogs or post a video link or something that would be great.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Check behind and see if the wiring is in place first, if it is, its likely the car was in an accident and the bumper was replaced. You can replace the bumper or (I would) just cut out the blocking, if you do it carefully and with the right tool it will look professional. If the wiring is there its simple, if its not, you'll have to run wiring and probably a switch. Does you car have the fog light switch? If not it may be that it just didn't come with fog lights. Either way its no big deal, there are some real nice kits available that are actually useful, the stock ones really don't do crap, I have mine wired independently, and when I turn only them on with no head or parking lights, you can barely tell they're on, I've been thinking of getting aftermarket ones for some time. Hmmm, hid?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm.. It proll just didn't come with them bcuz the car has never been in an accident. Idk, I'll give it a look at see what I can find. Thanks man! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
27 Posts
are you sure its never been in a wreck? i noticed the same thing on my car (96 gt) plus the "socket" where the passenger head light fits in is broken when i went to put aftermarket head lights in.. so i discovered mine had been wrecked and we think it has the regular front bumper on it.. but im in the same fix as you. so if you find out anything let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.