Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
there are a number of things i need to fix i know i just rebuilt my 4.6 with a factory bottom end had the heads shaved and ploished 495lift comp cams matching valve springs k&n filter 24lb injectors with matching maf sencer i replaced the icv not long ago,hi flow oil pump,replaced factory watter pump,hypertech thermostat 160,pacesetter long tubes bassani x pipe and 40series flowmasters.i messed up not doing my homework on the egr valve and removed it i have plans of putting it back on,and i do not have the rear o2 sensers plugged in actully i know this sounds bad i just have the mil eliminators pluged in and nothing behind them sence i had all new exhaust there are no holes yet and the reason i didnt have them put in at the time is because they were messed up beyond repair and just have not got new ones yet,i have 1 vaccume line on my map sencer that is not plugged up i believe it came off the egr tube.my motor has not been tuned yet i guess thats a possability but i mean it loped from like 500rpm's to 1500 then gets a little higher then it dies when it drops back down.some people say with the cams having a hydrobooster for my brakes and powersteering ill just have to live with it but even when im not on the brake or turning the wheel would it still loose enough vaccume to die?there is a kind of knocking noise coming from either the alternator or the watter pump id say alternator but when it does idle(before its driven)volts are ok and it starts right back up.soembody else reccomended a aftermarket vaccume canister havig that big of a lift with my cams.its got me stumped when i start it and let it warm up it will lope like 500rpm's to 1500 then it will idle until i drive it thru a few stop lights and it will act funny then,my check engiene light is on it read 4 codes they were all the rear o2 sensers if anybody has a educated guess please let me know,thanks

Dillon

·
Banned
918 Posts
Dude, puncuation is your friend. What I would do is take it to who tuned the engine and have them look at it(assuming you tuned it). By the sounds of your post, you just put all this together and really didn't do your homework, and properly set up the engine. Never rush an engine and never start until you have the means to finish it.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Of course it isn't going to idle right, you've got open vaccum lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.