Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, The speedo on my 96 V6 is so weird.

I have a SpeedCal unit on the car. Yesterday, I noticed the speedo was not working. Then today, I noticed not only was it not working but it is all the way around on the bottom side of the needle stop. When I turn the key on it pegs up against the bottom of the needle stop, then when I turn the key off it comes of the needle stop just a bit. I unplugged the connector to the tranny and the connector to the SpeedCal unit and it does the same thing. I unhooked the power to the SpeedCal unit and it still does the same thing. Any ideas????

Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked at the car some more after I took it down off the jack stands and I drove it down the street. It seems that it wants to go up when you start driving but it hits the stop needle. Is it possible that the needle moved on the head???? I am going to take the cover off and just put the needle on the correct side of the stop needle and see what happens!! Any ideas would possibly help!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have been busy. But I plan to look at it tomorrow. I will let you know.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the dash apart and lifted the needle to the top side of the stop needle then took it for a drive seems to be working ok and it seems about the correct speed. Not sure what or how this happened. No clue but I am going to put the panel back together and hope it does not do it again. Maybe, I will drive it for a bit today to see if it screws up before I put it back together again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.