Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peoples. First time poster here.

I've been having troubles with my mustang dying. I'm pretty sure it's a battery issue, since I have tested the output from the alternator and changed out the battery. I believe I need new battery cables since they are extremely corroded and I've done all the cleaning, gelling, fiber washers and whatnot. I've had coolant leakage issues (replaced bad freeze plugs) recently which would explain the excess corrosion.

I would like to replace the entire charging loop to make sure there is no corrosion in the line or at the frame. My question is this: What cables (part numbers appreciated) do I need to replace?

I've looked around and I've found the following:

A54-4TB
Battery To Switch

A73-4TC
Battery To Ground

I assume these are the positive to the frame and the negative to the starter. Are there any cables I am missing, or would also need to replace during this procedure?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are numbers I've found through different auto parts suppliers. Supposedly they're motorcraft. It's been very difficult to nail down the exact part numbers I'll need, so I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
176 Posts
They do not appear to be ford part numbers, call the dealer and give them the nos. they'll tell you right away if they or aren't!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts