Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry boys if I have repeated a post but I searched and didn't find this specific problem.

My 97 ac stopped working right when it got hot of course. Had the pressure, and power to the compressor checked and everything is working perfect, except it just won't kick on. Air blows like crazy just not cooling it at all. Fuses are good to. So the mechanic thought it would be the ccrm located in the wheel well behind the splash sheild on the passenger side. He said there wasn't anyway to test it and I needed a new one. $280 bucks for this part that no other car maker uses. Is there a way to bypass it? (Was a suggestion from someone else) should I take it and have I looked at by someone else because it might just be a short? Just need some advice, because I might be able to find a ccrm at a pullapart place but if I might not need a new one.... anyways if u could point me in the right direction that'd be much appreciated!

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Test for +12 volts at the low pressure cycling switch. If no voltage the problem is either a fuse or the dash control module (not CCRM).

If you do need a CCRM, many autoparts stores sell re-man units.

Also, it's not a true statement that the CCRM is specific to Mustang. For example, go to oreillyauto.com.

Cardone - Relay Control Module
Part # 73-70020
$110.00

Look at the compatibabilty tab.

It's also possible to service the CCRM. From time to time, the on PC board relays fail. However, you will need to de-solder the replacement.

I personally would not get a salvage yard unit unless saving a ton of $$.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K so I guess taking it back to someone else to get a second opinion and also for letting me know the mechanic was trying to charge me double for the new part lol. I didn't say it was exculsive to mustang however I was told it was ford only used them. And fuses were checked as was the power to the ccrm. Thanks tho.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
It's common for mechanic to have a keystone markup on parts. So $280 to install a $110 part actually seems reasonable to me.

IMO, unless you don't trust the mechanic, taking to another mechanic will give similar results. If you want to save $$, buy and change the part yourself. It's not hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts