Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last year I have replaced 3 Alternators and 2 batteries. When I replace the alternators with a new one the gauge set in between the R and the M in normal. But after a few months. The gauge set on the O in normal I checked the volts eveytime I changed them out it was putting out 12. Only thing I have done with the car is put under drive pulleys on it. Is this normal for the charging for the cobra. If not can someone lead me in the write path to finding a fix for it

Thanks

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
put a higher amp alternator and an optima battery on it to compensate for the underdrive pullies. some cars dont have issues with them and some do. ive never had one issue with mine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It is a know fact that underdriver pullies affect the altinator and AC for that matter, but I have not see any cases as bad as yours. Are you running headlight all day and blasting the radio?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My A/C is out so cant run it also I dont run my radio much at all and as of the headlights only at night and I cut the foglights off.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
get rid of those frickin UDPs...they are killing your car plain and simple

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I've had them and I know they are doing exactly what you describe...I actually put a slightly smaller pulley on my alternator to make it spin faster because I was always on the edge of charging issues. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i guess it all depends on the car, i yet to experience any issues and ive had udp's since early this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts