Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found one tonight! I know the guy was running stages or something because I could hear him juicing it up at the stoplight. We were even through the 1st stoplight, blew that one, threw it into second and was gone. What do those have? I hear 300 stock and around 400 with the stages-chip. Either way he does weigh more, but still!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original owner put headers, pi intake(heads-manifold) on it amongst others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
My step-dads 03 f-250 crew cab 4x4 6.0l diesel, would beat a 88 gt mustang with a 347 stroker at the 1/8 mile. I think his truck has 425rwhp and 710rwtq with a chip, intake, and 4 inch exhaust and he wieghs around 6,500 i think. He has beat a buick Grand national and a 95 corvette. Its gonna to take a lot to beat a diesel and in 2007 ford is suppose to have a 6.4 twin turbo diesel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
My Dads new 05 Ford F-350 with the 6.0L Diesel with a 150hp @ 225ft lbs of Tq. Superchips with 5in MBRP exhaust system will put a 03 V6 TO SHAME!!! He is running 500hp and 800ft. lbs. of tq. with around 7K lbs. He beat a new 05 Dodge ram "Rumble Bee" with a the juiced up hemi. He has not found anybody in our area faster than him. I would like to see a Mustang GT get next to him at a light, i think the stang would be wondering what happened.:winks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,975 Posts
yea those diesels arent to be underestimated. i raced a banks F250 and he was even with me till i decided to let off. if i had the money i would get one of those trucks just to beat wrxs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
mustangGT3685 said:
The original owner put headers, pi intake(heads-manifold) on it amongst others.
Still way high unless you've got some hi-po cams in there with some head work. I know a guy with the PI-swap, intake, exhaust on his 97 and he's around 250rwhp/300rwtq.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
lxarlo said:
yea those diesels arent to be underestimated. i raced a banks F250 and he was even with me till i decided to let off. if i had the money i would get one of those trucks just to beat wrxs
Yea they are a little pricy my dad paid 43K for his and put 1K in extras in it. You could get a dang nice Mustang for that:grinroll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like I said, I honestly don't know what he did with it, besides what I mentioned. It dynoed out at the mustang show at 303.9. I have never had anyone really rip into it to see what the hell he did to it, I just bought it knowing that it was "suped up."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
mustangGT3685 said:
Like I said, I honestly don't know what he did with it, besides what I mentioned. It dynoed out at the mustang show at 303.9. I have never had anyone really rip into it to see what the hell he did to it, I just bought it knowing that it was "suped up."
Was that SAE corrected? Regardless, you've got a strong n/a stang there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
My step-dads diesel beat my moms 05 gt with 5speed. but my moms car was 28k and his truck was 42k + 1200 in mods. it was close on take of he got me on take off about 1/2 car length and then racing from 65mph up, the diesel just killed the mustang. and i love hearin that turbo whislte. the truck gets alot of attention from the turbo and the intake noises.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top