Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is an adapter available that allows you to use late model(94-up) 17" Mustang wheels on your classic (65-70) Mustang. Mustangs Unlimited sells theirs for $299.95 for the set of four with hardware.

·
Registered
17 Posts
just buy 2 sets of 1'' spacers. I got mine off ebay for like $90 a set. Im putting a 96 8.8 in my 67 so I wont need them in the back much longer.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Baw289 said:
just buy 2 sets of 1'' spacers. I got mine off ebay for like $90 a set. Im putting a 96 8.8 in my 67 so I wont need them in the back much longer.
:rolleyes: RIGGGHHHTTT! ITS THE SAME LENGTH AS A 67-70 REAR END. For someone who's been handing out advice a lot, your info sucks pretty bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey 5.0 dumbass the wheels require more of an offset compared to a stock 8''. Instead of bashing someone who has actually done what is asked and has proof on his own car I suggest you keep your mouth shut. I have both a 96 gt rearend and a stock 8" sitting in front of me, I think I know what fits on them and what doesnt.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Baw289 said:
the wheels require more of an offset compared to a stock 8''.
Tell me something I don't know. Rear ends don't have "offset" wheels do.

Instead of bashing someone who has actually done what is asked and has proof on his own car I suggest you keep your mouth shut.
Who the hell are you to tell me what I have and haven't done? :sterb: How the hell do you know I HAVENT done it????

I've got a couple of 8.8s and more than a few latemodel wheels, I've been round and round with this swap before!

Enlighten me, since you seem to know things about me that I dont :?:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go try to put 94-04 wheels on an 8''. They dont fit, it requires at least an inch spacer. Some people even go with a 1.25'' spacer because it looks better. If you have done this then you would know you need a spacer and wouldnt be saying that my information is crap. Show me how your late model wheels fit your 8'' without a spacer, post the photos, then I will shutup.
Stock 67 wheels - 4.5'' backspacing
Late model wheels - 5.5'' backspacing
Do the math dumbass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.