Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new to these boards and I was curious on people's opinions regarding the route I want to go with the car. Car has 150k on the original motor/transmission, King Cobra clutch was installed at 100k. Current Mods are in the sig below.

First, the car is no longer my daily driver and will end up being a toy to take out after a long day at work, cruise on the weekends, and of course some trips to the track.

My plan and order which I was thinking of going:

4.30 Gears, 31 Spline Axles, Detroit Locker Differential
Subframe Connectors, Upper and Lower Control Arms
Patriot P&P Stage 2 Heads with Stage 2 N/A CMS Cams

The only power adder I would add to the car in the long run would be Nitrous, but I don't see myself spraying the car unless I build the bottom end first.

The car Dyno'd at 210 RWHP many eons ago with my old setup, so based on what I am seeing from similar setups I can expect somewhere near 300 RWHP after these mods.

I would expect that to be good for a MPH somewhere between 105-112 with substantial weight reduction (maybe wishful thinking.) I'll have new valve springs to go along with the cams, but my main concern is going over 6k rpms in 4th and possible issues to the motor as a result.

The best Gear Calculator I found was on another site, not sure if it will let me link it Gear Ratio Calc

Not sure if a 28inch tire would be required or not when I run at the track, and overall if a 4.30 would be too much gear?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I run 4.30's with a 28" tire both on the streets and at the track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts