Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am new here and dont know much about cars, so i have some questions for you all. I own a 98 v6 mustang.

1. How do you remove the door covers on the speakers? When i did one it seemed like it was not supposed to be done that way, i was using a flathead and tried to pop them out.

2. What would the best stereo i could put into the car? I was thinking about replacing all the speakers and putting a sub into the trunk.

3. Does anyone know where you can get plastic or replacement parts for the center console of a 98 v6

4. What are some upgrades in the engine I could make that would make it perform better aka faster, acceleration, etc

5. Does anyone else own 98 v6? I was thinking about upgrading the tail and headlights, becuase they dont look very sharp as they are.

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
50 Resto and California Mustang Parts both have an assortment of interior parts for your '98, as well as assorted head lights and tail lights.

I actually like the head lights and tail lights on my '97 (same body style as your '98), but I did buy replacement OEM head lights because the old ones were dull and no longer clear. I have seen one-piece replacement headlights that look interesting, but I still like the factory look.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I put clear diamond cut headlights and side marker lights in mine . love them ! Every body that looks at my car has lots of nice things to say about them . Bought off eBay . $140 total cost for all four lights shipped to my door . One down side . remember to keep any and all info . when I wrecked my car last month , I had a hard time re-finding the company I bought them from the first time . This time I saved all info .

to get to your speakers - remove the entire door pad . Only a few screws and remember to slide upwards not pry out .

Try local salvage yards for interior parts you might need .

for better power , A K&n air filter is always good . A tune up is wise if it hasn`t been done in awhile . Maybe some underdriver pulleys to free up a few extra ponies .

go back threw the old post and do some reading . LOTS of good info about add / bolt ons -- power makers and just about any other question you might have

hope this helps some . These are some of the things I`ve done to my 98 ( see sig below for rest )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.