Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My friend just got a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS with a manual trans and we want to race but we were wondering who would win, I have a bone stock 1998 Mustang with a V6 auto.

These are the specs on his car
HP: 168 at 6000rpms
TQ: 167 at 4100rpms.

The specs to the stang
HP:150 @ 4000 RPM
TQ:215 @ 2750 RPM

Thanks
Jack3

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I'd put money on the Mitsubishi.

·
Registered
323 Posts
it's not lookin' good...

As much as I hate to say it but I think the Lancer might have the upper hand this time... isn't it the lighter car as well?

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Lancer is not much lighter at around 3100lbs VS the Mustang's 3400lbs, but it makes alot of power at a higher RPM band and add to that it is a manual there is not much chance of the Mustang winning.

Could still be a driver's race if the guy in the Lancer is a tool, lol. :gringreen

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
A 98 Mustang V6 does not weigh 3400lbs unless it has every option and then an extra 100lbs of **** in it... If that weight is with the driver in it then maybe if the driver is on the heavy side... But I doubt you took the driver's weight into consideration since you listed the Mitsu at 3100 and that is curb weight for it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lancer is not much lighter at around 3100lbs VS the Mustang's 3400lbs, but it makes alot of power at a higher RPM band and add to that it is a manual there is not much chance of the Mustang winning.

Could still be a driver's race if the guy in the Lancer is a tool, lol. :gringreen

Well he is actually pretty good at stick lol We cruised for awhile today after school but he says its still too new to race.

A 98 Mustang V6 does not weigh 3400lbs unless it has every option and then an extra 100lbs of **** in it... If that weight is with the driver in it then maybe if the driver is on the heavy side... But I doubt you took the driver's weight into consideration since you listed the Mitsu at 3100 and that is curb weight for it...

Yeah the actual curb weight of the stang is 3,055 + 190 =3,245
The 190 is me and i don't carry anything in it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I hate to say it, but i dont think you would win. That lancer may even be a close race with a split port. If you do race, report back to us with info. Try to race at a strip so you can get times for both cars.

·
Registered
769 Posts
drop in a few mods and you good to go
cold air intake ,exhaust and your good to go :bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.