Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just installed LED sequential tail lights on my 2004 V6. The brake lights and running lights work as described, but for some reason the turn signals are not working properly. They flash like a bulb is burnt out. Which makes sense because the lights only plug in to the center bulb socket, leaving the other two without bulbs. I have installed them as laid out by two different websites and can not figure out how to solve the problem.

Any help would be fantastic as these lights set me back a pretty penny.
Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did the kit come with a new flasher? A lot of the tail light kits require a different flasher. Check with the seller.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negative. Just the tail lights with one male connector (the same as the bulbs).
Seller has yet to get back to me. I figured there would be some kind of additional harness or something but I don't know what it would be called or where to look. They are just called flashers?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is called a turn signal flasher. It is under the driver side dash. It is what you hear clicking when the signal turns off and on.
LEDs draw less current than incandescent bulbs. That is why it acts like a bulb is burned out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I found one, a Tridon. Pretty cheap at autozone so I'll try it out tonight. I looked them up and it looked like it fixed a fast turn signal to slow down the sequencer so hopefully it fixes the super fast blinker. I'm wondering if the signal is flashing so fast that it's not letting the light run a sequence because only the innermost light illuminates. After I install this I'll repost. Thanks brotha

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tridon helped slow it down some but I just ordered a Raxio
Flasher from AmericanMuscle that is specifically designed for sequential tail lights.

·
Registered
408 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts