Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv been reading that 99 cobras' production was haulted at one time because they were "lagging" and so ford haulted production, redesigned the intake or something, and started production again.
is there a way to look out for these models? or is this a load of crap?

thanks in advance
Anthony

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
well what actually happened was the 99 was advertised to make 315-320 hp, new owners that got them knew it was not so...as a result Ford actually admitted that it was true and recalled the cars that were out..they ported the intake and fixed the remaining production run to make the "real" hp
There is nothing "wrong" with the car even if it didn't get the recall work...as a result of all this, there were no 2000 Cobras while they sorted it all out.
Hey Mullaly, note how they used to do things..fix that frickin MT82 issue!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Question, if there were no 2000 cobras why in Gran Turismo 5 there is one?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
its probably the cobra r in the game. as to the 99 cobras, they just require maintnance like any other car. i personally wouldnt buy one that didnt have the recall fix, thats why i called svt when i bought my 99 to make sure it was fixed.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Cobra SVT to be precice....

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Question, if there were no 2000 cobras why in Gran Turismo 5 there is one?
They did make the very rare "R" model, but there are no "regular" cobras for 2000

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
They did make the very rare "R" model, but there are no "regular" cobras for 2000

probably the rare cobras with the extra foglights they had sent to australia or whereever it was. i dont know, not sure

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
The stock ECU file was also revised during the "fix"

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very cool. thanks guys. also, if i were to call them would i just need to give them the VIN? or will they require something else?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
very cool. thanks guys. also, if i were to call them would i just need to give them the VIN? or will they require something else?
call who? I don't think there is anyone at Ford to call...SVT doesn't really exist anymore, any 99 you buy more than likely has the fix...a Ford dealer VIN lookup might give some clues

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
you can call any ford dealer service center and ask for them to look it up, or just bring the car in... they will do a look up for recalled stuff as a routine thing

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool thanks for the help guys. no longer hesitant on a 99

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
You can call SVT with the vin#, it will be on record if the car was brought in for service, also they'll be a strip of paint on the front of the alternator and sometimes an ECU revision sticker will be put on the underside of the hood, drivers side!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
oh there's no doubt the SN95+ stangs are worlds ahead of the old fox bodies...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts