Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know whats going on. as i stated in a different thread, after i moved the dash forward and replaced the a/c evaporator the car hasnt started. today i noticed there was a blown fuse, a big 30 amp under the hood. i checked online, as i dont have the manual to the car, and its the pcm fuse. i put a new one in and turn the key and it pops every time. i dont know why, i dont see any wires anywhere touching, i even pulled the dash back forward and checked. i just dont see anything. does anyone have a link for a wiring diagram for a 99 cobra? i havent been able to find any online. or does anyone know where i can start looking or do to fix this? any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
806 Posts
i dont know whats going on. as i stated in a different thread, after i moved the dash forward and replaced the a/c evaporator the car hasnt started. today i noticed there was a blown fuse, a big 30 amp under the hood. i checked online, as i dont have the manual to the car, and its the pcm fuse. i put a new one in and turn the key and it pops every time. i dont know why, i dont see any wires anywhere touching, i even pulled the dash back forward and checked. i just dont see anything. does anyone have a link for a wiring diagram for a 99 cobra? i havent been able to find any online. or does anyone know where i can start looking or do to fix this? any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Well since your already screwed right now, i would take the dash completely off and inspect EVERY single wire you can possibly find. This sound like a process of elimination. Try searching more for a wiring diagram. ill look as well. update us on the topic at hand.

On a side not, i heard you were going to get a nissan ser after the cobra, why not look at a Cobalt SS with the turbo in it??? they are decently priced and have a good bit of modding potetnial. not to mention that they get good gas mileage.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because i wont be able to pay for the cobalt cash, i wont have that much. i dont want a car payment. also, i trust nissan alot more than chevy.

·
Registered
806 Posts
because i wont be able to pay for the cobalt cash, i wont have that much. i dont want a car payment. also, i trust nissan alot more than chevy.
Yea idk from personally experience my buddy has always had a nissan, whether it was an altima or a frontier to a 350z. he always had one and they were always have major internal problems. Not the oh shoot my fuel pump went out in my stang......it was the usually oh man i can hear my valves rattling or my timing chain is about to blow up. All the nissans he had were crap. On the other hand he had two toyotas, and they were fine. He only had each car about 6months to a year because they all had problems.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the sentra im gonna get is a 2.5l 4 cylinder and ive read they are very dependable a strong motors, they can hold up to 400hp with stock internals. it comes with 175hp and 180tq stock. stock 1/4 mile in 15.2.

of course, me getting this other cars requires getting this one to start and get sold. im about to set it on fire and collect some insurance money.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
oh please, my Infiniti is bullet proof, it's V8 would put any domestic engine to complete shame not to mention their V6 is often rated "the best V6 in the world", poor tuning and shoddy modding will destroy any engine. I laugh at new 5.0 owners...a mere 10 years behind in engine technology, the Japs own Vtec technology and their current lineup of motors have features Ford won't have for another 10

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 on that. also......

whooooooooooooooo! i found the problem! i read online about a wire right behind the passenger side valve cover, i checked it and it was disconnected, i hooked it back up, connected the battery, replaced the blown fuse and boom...... it started right up. thank god it was something simple. i guess i pulled the wire when i replaced the a/c stuff. well no to recharge the system and sell it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
oh please, my Infiniti is bullet proof, it's V8 would put any domestic engine to complete shame not to mention their V6 is often rated "the best V6 in the world", poor tuning and shoddy modding will destroy any engine. I laugh at new 5.0 owners...a mere 10 years behind in engine technology, the Japs own Vtec technology and their current lineup of motors have features Ford won't have for another 10
Better knock on wood lol. I agree any modded car will go to s hit quick if not done right. I wouldnt say that your infinti's v8 motor would put any domestic motor to shame. My dad had a f 250 and that motor was bullet proof. It was used as a work truck so it was abused alot.....only thing we had to replace on it was the glowplugs and the waterpump and a crankshaft sensor i think........we sold it with 450k on the clock and it was still running strong, it idled like new and ran like new. And yes ford is behind in technology and the new 5.0 mustangs IMO is crap. I heard they had problems with the piston rings not seating properly, what a shame. Although with new technology comes bugs and less ways to fix it. I mean my charger has an automatic transmission on it and when i went to check the fluids on it, the cap said for dealer use only LOL. WHY CANT I CHECK MY FLUIDS?? Its ways to make repair shops more profitable. I mean look at a 1970 350 compared to a 2006 350 motor. COMpletely different, because technology has come along, but all technology means is that it takes away more easy repairs from the person who owns the car.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Damm you've had LOTS of problems with that car!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im telling you man, now that its 100% its being sold. before something else happens. this car is gonna give me an ulcer.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Better knock on wood lol. I agree any modded car will go to s hit quick if not done right. I wouldnt say that your infinti's v8 motor would put any domestic motor to shame. My dad had a f 250 and that motor was bullet proof. It was used as a work truck so it was abused alot.....only thing we had to replace on it was the glowplugs and the waterpump and a crankshaft sensor i think........we sold it with 450k on the clock and it was still running strong, it idled like new and ran like new. And yes ford is behind in technology and the new 5.0 mustangs IMO is crap. I heard they had problems with the piston rings not seating properly, what a shame. Although with new technology comes bugs and less ways to fix it. I mean my charger has an automatic transmission on it and when i went to check the fluids on it, the cap said for dealer use only LOL. WHY CANT I CHECK MY FLUIDS?? Its ways to make repair shops more profitable. I mean look at a 1970 350 compared to a 2006 350 motor. COMpletely different, because technology has come along, but all technology means is that it takes away more easy repairs from the person who owns the car.
My Infiniti engine is so smooth and powerful it is in a league of its own...to compare it to a F250 is misguided, if my car said Cadillac on it the car magazines would declare it the best car ever made...instead it was like "oh yawn" another great jap car.
And for this year Infiniti put out the M56, oh yawn, only 435 hp...yeah, it's boringly amazing.

·
Registered
806 Posts
My Infiniti engine is so smooth and powerful it is in a league of its own...to compare it to a F250 is misguided, if my car said Cadillac on it the car magazines would declare it the best car ever made...instead it was like "oh yawn" another great jap car.
And for this year Infiniti put out the M56, oh yawn, only 435 hp...yeah, it's boringly amazing.
its not misguided you compared your v8 to domestic v8's? is the ford f250 not a domestic v8? i like infinits, i didnt knwo they put out a m56. thats got to be a bad assss car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts