Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as i type, they are vaccuming out the a/c system and refilling it, also checking for leaks. it took me about 4 hours last night but i replaced the compressor, cycle switch, a/c hoses, accumulator, condensor and all the o-rings. the condensor was the longest time taking one since the radiator needed to be removed and then refilled. i also went ahead and replaced the upper radiator hose. well im happy to say everything is installed with no issues and i will soon be riding cool.

well i better since i spent over $600 in parts and the refill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im having problems with my 95 5.0 dont know if you can help but it only overheats when the ac is on. I recently got it and replaced the thermostat. The hoses are still pretty hot and there no leaks. Any help? thanks

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry man, i dont have an answer for that one, its never happened to me. maybe some one else can help on this issue or you can start a thread just for that in the 5.0 section where someone might know whats going on.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
well you probably just lost 10 hp...LOL..you should feel the ice cold A/C in my Cobra with the E85...geez it's like winter in my car and the hotter it gets outside the better the car runs

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the a/c wont be on if im running someone so i shouldnt lose power, itll only be on when im cruising.

even if it did lose power with it off, its well worth it, its so hot outside.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I'm just messin with ya...you would die in FL without A/C

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i know. its gotten to 105* here in middle ga, i could just imagine how it is down there.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
put a new compressor in my Saturn last week, I couldn't take no AC anymore, FLA is sweltering HOT!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tell me about it. i was gonna try and make it til next summer. couldnt do it, i felt i was losing 3 lbs per day just driving in this heat.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the hell with this car, im gonna burn it to the ground. now it looks like i need an evaporator, prob clogged up. it held coolant but it would barely get cold. hes gonna fix a small leak it had and give it one more shot just in case. if it doesnt cool, hes gonna suck the freeon back out.

well as i was typing the guy came and delivered my car. no luck, the condensor i was sold is defective, its not sealing with the hose properly and leaking and the evaporator needs to be replaced. i can get one at advance for $60 and replce the condensor for free since its warrantied. the mechanic is such a nice guy that, since he knows ive put so much into this car, he didnt charge me for anything he did today. that leaves me some money to order this other part and hopefully finally get this thing right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts