Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,:im confused:

So I'm doing a little work on my 1999 V6, and yesterdays project was installing HIDs/smoked head lamps. I got them installed, but there's a problem. Not only do the daytime running lights no longer come on, but when I switch to highbeams, the lights shut off completely! Keep in mind, the low beams DO work.

I really hope it's not cause I bought the Xenon kit instead of the Bi-Xenon kit. I've been trying to troubleshoot, but I cant come up with a straight answer. It just seems stupid to have an HID kit for a vehicle that only produces lowbeams, when there's no alternatives for highbeams anywhere else.

Anyways if the case is that I should have bought Bi-Xenon headlamps instead, can I still reuse the ballasts, and just get 2 Bi-Xenon lightbulbs, or do I have to purchase a whole new Bi-Xenon kit? Thanks in advance.

·
Site Sponsor
129 Posts
Hey guys,:im confused:

So I'm doing a little work on my 1999 V6, and yesterdays project was installing HIDs/smoked head lamps. I got them installed, but there's a problem. Not only do the daytime running lights no longer come on, but when I switch to highbeams, the lights shut off completely! Keep in mind, the low beams DO work.

I really hope it's not cause I bought the Xenon kit instead of the Bi-Xenon kit. I've been trying to troubleshoot, but I cant come up with a straight answer. It just seems stupid to have an HID kit for a vehicle that only produces lowbeams, when there's no alternatives for highbeams anywhere else.

Anyways if the case is that I should have bought Bi-Xenon headlamps instead, can I still reuse the ballasts, and just get 2 Bi-Xenon lightbulbs, or do I have to purchase a whole new Bi-Xenon kit? Thanks in advance.
It sounds like you have a low beam only kit. On our low beam kits, when you switch to high beam the lights go out. Did your kit come with an auxiliary harness that you attached to a 12V power source and ground? The single beam kits generally do not require this harness but all bixenon kits do. I can tell for sure if you can post up or email me a pic ([email protected]).

If you do have the low beam only kit, the ballasts are reusable but you'll need bixenon bulbs and the harness required to make them work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like you have a low beam only kit. On our low beam kits, when you switch to high beam the lights go out. Did your kit come with an auxiliary harness that you attached to a 12V power source and ground? The single beam kits generally do not require this harness but all bixenon kits do. I can tell for sure if you can post up or email me a pic ([email protected]).

If you do have the low beam only kit, the ballasts are reusable but you'll need bixenon bulbs and the harness required to make them work.
Damn! It definately didn't come with the auxiliary harness, as I didn't have to ground anything, or hook anything up to an alternate power source. Well, at least I know why I have no high beams now. Haha.

Anyways, thanks a lot StangMods! You're reply helped me out a lot. I appreciate it, dude! Take care! Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts