Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1996 cobra transmission for $250 dollars the other day with only 50000 miles on it so I decided to buy it thinking it would bolt up to my sohc gt motor but found out it didnt. Now i have found a cobra motor with procharger for 1900 with 50000 miles on it as well and am wondering if I should buy the motor. How hard is it to do the swap? what all will I need to change and what not? If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it! Is it really worth my time? I plan on doing all the work myself with three other mechanics!

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
That's strange cause the blocks are the same, same as the transmission bolt pattern to th block. both are T-45 trannys too. Only thing i can see is the tranny mount being different but I modified it for my 97 Saleen to have a Cobra T-45 work and it worked great.
If you can get the engine, computer and wiring, it won't be bad at all to do the swap.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Could be a nice little project.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
The tranny should bolt up fine you just need the right flywheel. As far as the swap, do a search of the forum, top right, its already been covered in more depth than you're ever likely to get from a new thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.