Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 1999 Mustang Cobra SVT. I had an issue with a slight humming sound that wasnt the tires or balancing so I changed the front bearings and while I was at it I changed the brakes cause it was time. Now I drove it home and it seems to pull to the right when I had an alignment no more than a week ago and it sounds like its off balance. With new bearings should I go and get it balanced and aligned again? I also had new brakes installed. I put ceramic on the front and regular on the back. It seems like I really have to press the pedal harder now to stop. Do the brakes need to break in?? Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated on this guys. Thank you

·
Registered
45 Posts
No alignment should be needed.

Lift the front end and rotate the wheels by hand. Look for any rough spots, one having more resistance than the other, etc

Also, did you do the work yourself? Im assuming you packed both (all 4?) bearings? Torqued the nut to proper spec? Whatever that may be on these vehicles...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I brought it to a mechanic to do it. I couldn't repack mine so I had to buy the whole hub unit. It just seems to pull to the right again like it did with the old bearings and then I aligned it nefore I out the new bearings in it. I out in the new bearings and now its pulling to the right again. Idk Ill bring it back to him and see if everything was done to specs on the torque and it seems like one of the brakes are sticking or rubbing cause it doesnt roll when Im on a slight incline anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If the car does NOT roll on a slight incline, then you definitely have a brake binding problem. There is the possibility that you have warped rotors but you should still roll on a slight incline. The GT pads are thicker than the Cobra pads and people have goofed these up before. Check to see which side is hanging up. It could be that your caliper pins need to be lubbed, too. I lube mine every time I do brakes and it should be SOP for a professional installer, too.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts