Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you're thinking about putting a Ford Trac-Lock in your 2005 V6... hehehe...

Here is a visual aid showing how well the Ford 7.5 Trac-Lock performs... It also demonstrates the performance that the SCT X-Cal2 unleashes from your 4.0L! Hard to believe this car couldn't even chirp the tire (singlular) when I drove it off the lot... Other thing is I actually just left the car in "Drive"... Spin through 1st, spin through 2nd and a little chirp in 3rd and than catch... LOL!!!

Scrming's Burnout

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Cool … what did you do? i.e., swap out the differential w/ the 4.10's installed from the factory?

·
Registered
99 Posts
:happyhapp Thats @#% "Fishingts " I've been following alot of your post and I have to say man that is a mean set up you got there , I'm thinking about getting 3.73 (ford racing)on my v6er I order the SCT x-CAL2 can't wait . :laughlitt

·
Registered
269 Posts
Righteous burnout:eyepoppin It sounds pretty good to! That suprised me because I have seen lots of posts on here saying that the trac-loc was a waste with a v6, yours clearly needs it:cool:

·
Registered
886 Posts
so THAT'S where all those black marks come from on the side roads!

Very Nice, man, Very Nice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
eyelleye said:
That was awesome!

Pardon my ignorance, but whats a trac-lok?
That's Ford's name for a limited-slip differential.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My GT doesn't burnout that good. I did notice that you were applying the brake a little though. hehehe:cool:

G

·
AMG said:
That's Ford's name for a limited-slip differential.
Ahhhh... ok, now I understand! Why they all have to have their own name for their parts I will probably never understand... but at least I know what that is. =) Thanks so much.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Can you do it again without powerbraking? I am curious of the result. Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sonny1213 said:
Cool … what did you do? i.e., swap out the differential w/ the 4.10's installed from the factory?
Yep, Motive 4.10s (very quiet!) and a Ford Trac-Lock LSD...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
junior said:
My GT doesn't burnout that good. I did notice that you were applying the brake a little though. hehehe:cool:
Yeah... just a little bit of brake... My big BALLON tires actually hook pretty good! LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts