Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2011 to Connecticut from Virginia for vacation. V6 premium. About 200 miles into the trip, the A/C stopped working. Got to a Ford dealer today. They said the compressor is blown and some of the parts needed are on national back order until July 20th. Anyone else having AC problems or heard of the back order issue?

·
Super Moderator
2,336 Posts
Here is my advice to you,your 2011 Mustang A/C is not covered under warranty anymore, unless you have the extended warranty,take your Mustang to an automotive A/C repair shop, and you will be back on the road in no time for a lot less $$$.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Did they specify what parts? The front condenser is somewhat exposed to rock puncture. There are a few measures one can take to help minimize this from happening. If its a compressor it seems odd that it would be backordered.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Under CPO warranty. $100 deductible. I believe the Valve assy DR3Z19849 A is the part on back order. The parts list also includes the compressor and condenser that need replacement. Will have to check when we get back to Virginia with my local dealer. Diagnosis said the front half seal on the compressor blew out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Good luck getting it fixed. Having your A/C go out this time of year, especially on a road trip sucks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
826 Posts
There have been many people with 2011's posting that their A/C went out. Hopefully they found and fixed and design weakness instead of continuing building the same through 2014's.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why 6 week wait for parts?

Anyone know why there is a 6 week wait for parts for the A/C system? Can't believe I have to wait that long in the heat of summer to get the a/c to work.

·
Registered
706 Posts
that is a ridiculous wait time

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
They will probably get the parts and fix it just in time for fall.... (that would be my luck)cloud.gif

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what has been described to me by the service dept, the compressor fails and opens the system to the outside. This contaminates the expansion valve and the condenser which also has the receiver drier. The compressor failures apparently are well documented. The same parts are used on all Mustangs. You would expect Ford to be aware of the situation and at least have a good supply of replacement parts available for the a/c season. I am faced with a 500 mile drive home into some of the warmest and most humid conditions on the east coast. Then, I may have the privilege of waiting the 6-7 weeks for the parts to be available. Fortunately, I will have a more reliable car available when we get home. It is just so disappointing in this day in age to have to wait to fix things that shouldn't break.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
BTW, the expansion valve that is the shortage item is the same as that used on the Ford Escape.
My wife was looking at a MKZ to replace her Lexus. I have no doubt she will think again about that idea.

·
Registered
706 Posts
BTW, the expansion valve that is the shortage item is the same as that used on the Ford Escape.
My wife was looking at a MKZ to replace her Lexus. I have no doubt she will think again about that idea.
Funny you mention the Escape my sisters escape had the A/C go out then it was brand new but it was purchased in December and did not notice it until it started warming up this spring..... I believe it needed a new compressor, exp valve and condenser

F

·
0 Posts
Took my 2011 to Connecticut from Virginia for vacation. V6 premium. About 200 miles into the trip, the A/C stopped working. Got to a Ford dealer today. They said the compressor is blown and some of the parts needed are on national back order until July 20th. Anyone else having AC problems or heard of the back order issue?
Hello jaki30,

Let me get this parts delay escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just gets better

This fiasco just continues to get better! The local Ford dealer won't accept the diagnosis of the Ct Ford dealer. I have to spend another $100 for another diagnosis.
And, they can't get to it for a day or 2. Unbelievable
I think I am going to insist they keep the car until it is fixed. The temps down here are expected to be in the 100+ range with the heat index. The car is now totally useless for me so there is no reason to take up space in my driveway.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is fixed

Turns out Williamsburg Ford found a pinhole leak in the high side pressure line.
Replaced the line and the ac is working again. Can't say how disappointed I am with the Connecticut dealer who mis-diagnosed the problem.

F

·
0 Posts
Turns out Williamsburg Ford found a pinhole leak in the high side pressure line.
Replaced the line and the ac is working again. Can't say how disappointed I am with the Connecticut dealer who mis-diagnosed the problem.
This is good news, jaki30! Let me know if you’d like for me to document your experience at your previous dealer.

Deysha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts