Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;

Have a 90 LX conv. 2.3 with 70k miles that I bought new.

Am having trouble with the A/C blower, it either works perfect or not at all. Checked fuse & wiring, changed fan switch (all looks good).

Thought I had it fixed, took short drive, stopped and when car was restarted, no blower again. Now I'm noticing that the top wont go up & down when the blower is not working.

Got home with car and all is working again.

Any/all thoughts and ideas welcomed.

Thanks, Transman

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Wiring gremlin... Start checking for loose connections, also make sure you look at the fuseable links in the engine compartment.. Check and make sure all those wires are still okay.. After you check the links let us know if none of the wires are damaged/burnt/cracked

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Best guess for now. Haven't look at the wiring diagram. I would look for corrosion at the starter solinoid on the wiring and connections. Best guess now.
Maurice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the thoughts!

Having learned that the turn signals also do not work when the a/c blower, Top up/down fails, I'm thinking ign switch.Will have new one Monday

I checked all connections 7 fuse able links ... all Ok

Thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All;

The new ignition switch cured all problems, even a once in a while miss in the engine. I urge all that haven't changed theirs to do so immediately. Less than $10. from Rock Auto. Instructions on U-tube.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Transman

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great to hear ! There was an ignition switch recall campaign on all ford models. Had it done on our '89 mustang and at the time we had a '90 F150 done too. Believe it was 1996 and earlier, applied to all ford models. Thanks for sharing, enjoy your Mustang !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I discovered this on mine today. My AC and blinkers would stop working if I ever-so-slightly moved the ignition switch forward or backward. I've ordered a new one and it's on the way!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts