Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got my a/c evacuated and refilled at jiffy lube. after they did all that, they realized my clutch wasn't even engaging. I have a 2000 Mustang GT manual tranny. I have no idea what to do at this point, so I think I will just take it to christian brothers auto.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A/C Clutch not engaging

Check your A/C clutch cycling switch (also reffered to as a low-pressure switch. When there is low pressure in the A/C system this switch is activated and does not allow the compressor to turn on and burn up. This switch is located on the A/C accumulator by the firewall and screws in to the canister. Also consider these other possibilities: You have a dead A/C compressor or possibly a leak thats allowing the freon to escape. Have the system tested for leaks before recharging (that is, if you have no pressure in the system). Even with low pressure, if you look at your a/c compressor with the engine running and a/c on, you should see the front of your compressor cycle on and off about every 3-4 seconds for low pressure.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to mention this. jiffy lube did a test for leaks. they put some air in it and let it sit for a while and measured any leaks. there were none. and christian bros said it was one of the two switches. so im takin it to them tomorrow for a testing of all components and probably replacement of the switches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts