Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 Mustang GT. Every year I put a can of freon in my car because it has a small leak and I do not know how to fix it nor do I want to pay a mechanic to do so. Well this year my compressor wouldn't even kick on. I jumped the switch on top of the canister with a paperclip and the compressor soon kicked on. I tried to hurry up and add some freon but something seemed off.
When I check the pressure at the line when the compressor is off, it reads at a dangerously high number. When I check the line when the compressor is not running, it is at zero.

Where should I go from here?

Many thanks,
-Jared

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there’s too much refrigerant in it I don’t think it’ll engage on in it’s own.
There isn't too much refrigerant. I didn't add any before it started acting up and I wasn't able to add any because the compressor would not kick on to suck it in.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
There isn't too much refrigerant. I didn't add any before it started acting up and I wasn't able to add any because the compressor would not kick on to suck it in.
Ah, I guess I saw the part about the line pressure being high. I’m just guessing now but I’d guess you need a new switch or compressor.

·
Registered
632 Posts
If there isn't enough pressure on the low side the compressor wont kick on either. per my 90 EVTM "
The clutch Cycling pressure switch cuts off power to the A/C clutch field coil with low suction pressure"

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
I’m kind of in the same boat with my ‘95 where the compressor won’t take any r134a. I think my compressor is leaking though because there’s a greasy film on the bottom of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts