Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
In the haynes it says it needs to be depresurized before I take it out meaning undo the tubes to take it out. Is this true? How can I do this? Do I have to take it to a mechanic? :happyhapp

The car is stuck in the garage, I cant get it to a mech, and Im not even going to try If I could, Im not paying someone to depresurize my a/c . :nono:

·
Registered
437 Posts
yeah if you do it without the recovery machine youll have a big big mess

·
Registered
437 Posts
one thing its illegal under the clean air act to let refrigerant just go where it wants.... usually youd use a recovery machine and drain it into a safe container... basically if you let the refrigerant out that schrader valve its gonna spray out not drip but spray out and pretty much be everywhere

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How can I get this condensor out? Im trying to take the ac out including all components related to it. compressor, condensor, and all hoses. ?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ha dude w.e you do dont breath in that freon, its killa!! I mean I understand alot has changed since you were a teen so my advice is wear a gas mask or something. Freon can get you high but it also kills brain cells and toomuch of it will stop your heart. Its not worth the 1min of bein messed up. I thik its just be best if you had it done at a shop.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually, I just unscrewed the top of the compressor and nothing came out. I guess my a/c was that dead.

Im now trying to figure out how to get the tubing that goes from the condensor to the firewall off . I think I need a special tool, any idea?

·
Registered
224 Posts
lol i used a sawsall and cut the tubing at the firewall..next time i have the dash apart ill remove the rest of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.