Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got everything all buttoned back up only to discover that the lights are no longer functioning for my A/C controls. All the other lights for the center dash are working, so I suspect it may be one of the plugs behind the controls. Can someone tell me which one feeds the lights? The left plug is a little black box-looking thing, and the right one is a vertical rectangle plug with a funky gray lever lock.

Thanks!

~HA

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
You clearly pulled a little too hard on something back there. Tough not to do with that horrible configuration.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Er... yeeeeeah. Just discovered this morning that the controls themselves are dead as well, not just the lights. No A/C for me. Oops. Hope I didn't FUBAR something! :nervous

~HA

·
Registered
25 Posts
The vertical rectangle connector on the right is going to be the one to look at. It is kind of tricky to get out and put back in...I would pull it off and check the pins on the back of the control module. Make sure none are bent/broken off.

If everything looks alright, try putting the connector back in and make sure that the lock is all the way down.

Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The vertical rectangle connector on the right is going to be the one to look at. It is kind of tricky to get out and put back in...I would pull it off and check the pins on the back of the control module. Make sure none are bent/broken off.

If everything looks alright, try putting the connector back in and make sure that the lock is all the way down.

Good luck!
I'll second that. I've had to pull the radio and A/C controls out three or four times due to problems with the iPod control unit I installed, and I always end up having to disconnect and reconnect the vertical unit on the passenger side two or three times to get everything to work right again. The locking bit is particularly tricky, and you have to ensure that you've got a real solid connection across the whole plug to prevent these kinds of problems.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, that did the trick! I unplugged it, took a look to make sure nothing was bent, snapped it back together, and everything went back to working. It snapped together easier this time. That odd little ratchet deal offered less resistance and clicked right into place... I suspect I may have had the wrong "tooth" in position, and it didn't draw the plug in as tight as it should have.

Thanks a bunch! I'm one happy camper with this new stereo. JVC KD 610... lets me customize the faceplate colors so I can match it to the MyColor gauges. Now if that rear AUX-in adapter will show up I can get my Sirius Sportster 5 tied in as well and match it to my gauges too! =P

Big kudos to Ford for making the Mustang dash like Legos. Takes a whopping 3 minutes to tear this thing apart. :worship
~HA

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.