Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an a/c delete kit and who sells it that deletes both the smog and a/c pulleys, without moving the p/s, it moves the tensioner off a bracket mounted to the w/p to clear the w/p pulley? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/440846/2

I dont want to just put a billet delete pulley like upr's) on the ugly a/c bracket, and I dont want to move the hideous p/s pump up on the head into plain veiw. I know I could make the bracket but dont have the time or resources where I'm stationed.

I Suppose I could just cut down the stock a/c bracket and drill a hole for the tensioner, if anyone knows where to buy the kit at or how to make it easily please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No dude, this guys stang in the attched photo has deleted his smog and A/C compressor without moving the p/s pump onto the head (like the kit you have does), he just took the belt tensioner off the alternator and atteached it to a custom bracket off the w/p studs where the a/c bracket was stock.

I think I could just cut down the stock bracket and drill a hole for the tensioner or have a mechanic in the motor pool do it but I was just hoping that someone sold a kit for this.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Why would you want do all that custom crap when you could buy a $35 kit that does it all for your and only slightly moves the power steering pump down. The pump doesnt bolt to the head. The bracket bolts to the head and the pump bolts to that bracket.

You can spend $35 or $70-$150 and a lot of time. Same result. Money could be much better spent somewhere else

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my point is that the kit moves the pump up and more into veiw when looking at the engine bay(which I don't want).... oh well I'll probably get a manual rack anyways

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.