Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..

okay...found out my A/C doesn't hold a charge. Sent some dye through and all pipes seem to be okay. I was told that the evaporator might be leaking and should be checked...

so where is the evaporator located and do I need to drop the dash? Any pics would be great.

I want to do this myself so that I learn as I go. But I've never done an A/C thing before...lol!!

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
303 Posts
sadly, I'm pretty sure it is behind the dash, like the heater core lol... Which would require you to remove virtually EVERYTHING, trim, console, dash, etc... Its a really ****** job.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
sadly, I'm pretty sure it is behind the dash, like the heater core lol... Which would require you to remove virtually EVERYTHING, trim, console, dash, etc... Its a really ****** job.
yep its in the box under the dash with the heater core..sooo..yeah..dash out..pray to god..keep the kids away so they dont hear the filthy words coming out of your mouth..call it a weekend..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well...i've got a team to tackle this. come to find out, my compressor is also not doing to good..so that's got to get changed out as well...

so..should I use ford parts (compressor/evap) or just something that I can get at our local checkers..or even ebay??

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
you're probably going to pay out the ass for ford stuff,but thats up to you..i've never had any real trouble with aftermarket replacement parts

and i'd make damn sure that the evaporator is really the problem before i tore that dash out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.