Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me out on this question. You guys seem to know a lot about these 2.3L. I'v had my a/c worked on a number on different times and nothing has changed. These are the items I've redone.

1. new compressor
2. new orifice tube
3. new 134a change over.

It seems to be cool when running the car down the highway, but if your siting at a light or in a parking lot. Forget it. It will not put out cool air. It's been checked for leaks and it has none. Like I said it is no different now than after I've spent around $500 bucks on it. What do I look for next?

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
One simple question is the engine fan running with AC on even if the engine is cold? If not that is problems. You must have air over the condenser to have air. If fan is not running need to know year of car and we can dig into it more. Maurice

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Only way to find out is to hook a manifold to ,it and look at the pressures. That will tell the story in a NUTSHELL Peace Tom

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Reason I mention what I did. He said had cooling moving. If moving air would keep condenser cool and have Ac. If not moving no air over condenser so no ac. Now if he says fan is running we have a differant set of things to think of.
Like Tom said gauges tell all. No fan hi head pressure and no cooling. If have fans. Then we can think of non condensables, moisture, wrong parts, not charge properly [over or under] weak compressor etc. Maurice

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the fan is running whenever the a/c is on. But the air does feel cooler when you push on the gas and race the engine up. so it feels like a compressor problem.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Sound like now. Low charge or compressor or air in system. Time for a tech. Maurice

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your help. I'll have someone else to look at it. I think your right. soulds like air in the lines.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Air in line would have high head pressure.
Valves could be worn and only work adequately at higher rpm (driving speed.) Airflow could be an issue. Especially if the car runs hot.

I'd like my AC to work :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts