Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy in my area who attends all the local car shows has a 06 mustang. This mustang is dressed up to look like a Shelby. He calls it the 06 Shelby prototype. This car has a 6 cyl. engine, the dash and trunk has the Carol Shelby signature, black vinyl stripes, the vinyl Cobra decal down the sides of the car on the front fender. Has a Shelby vin plate on the shock tower and a hood scoop that is attached with sheet metal screws. I believe this car is a fake! It has a 6 cyl. engine without a turbo and single exhaust out the back. When at the car shows he has trophies placed in front of the car and documentation which are probably fake also. Can someone here tell me if this is a true Shelby prototype??????????

·
Registered
495 Posts
i don't know about that. it would have to have a supercharged v8 with dual to even consider being a shelby.

sounds to my like he has no money but loves the image that he is rich. only problem is, if he ever come across a mustang expert it will be obvious its fake. try posting something similar to this in the GT500 section or have a mod move it. they will be the ones who can tell you about it

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Theres a V6 version Shelby Terlingua with supercharger on it but that description doesnt match, so its not a real Shelby

·
Registered
784 Posts
theres also the shelby CS6 but it has dual exhaust and a front bumper supercharged that whole stuff and everything else. This guy just made up some imaginary car

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Best thing to do is either A. Let him live in his dream world and laugh at the idiots that beleive this (assuming it is a fruad) or B. If it is infact a shelby grab the shelby vin number and run it. (Or hell the vin number alone shouldn't be to hard to run.)

From what i've seen you can get either the CS6 package or the Shelby Terlingua appearance package added but the question is would you get a shelby vin number from that?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Shelby isn't about just body kits he's about serious power if it doesn't have any then there ya go

·
Registered
286 Posts
It's all in the documentation... What paperwork does he have to back-up his claims???...:scratchchin

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Nothing new about this. Dealers use their bag o' tricks to get people to buy their stuff. Bet he marked it up crazy too. I saw a stock Shelby GT (a real one) going for 60K when it first came out. That dealer is out of business now. :happyhapp

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Next time you see this car, get some pics and also photos of his "documentation".

Remember, Carrol Shelby will sign anything that stands still long enough. At car shows, I have friends keep him away from my car.

"Get that marker out of his hands!!!"

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Next time you see this car, get some pics and also photos of his "documentation".

Remember, Carrol Shelby will sign anything that stands still long enough. At car shows, I have friends keep him away from my car.

"Get that marker out of his hands!!!"
HA ha haa lmbo thaht was funny.:hihi:
I wonder if he thinks he gets paid for that.:nogrinner

·
Banned
696 Posts
Pretty sure you can just take Shelby's signature to kinkos and have it put into something that you could imprint on your car.
Sounds like a little kid who wants to play with the big boys so he treats his stock V6 like it's a collectors car. Sounds like a couple people I know around here......
Mind that he doesn't run his mouth, lest he get popped in it by one or more people with decent power.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
It's still missing the blower though. And it has dual exhaust.

Here's a pic of it.

The bad part is that some sucker, er, customer will buy it. Whatever makes them happy I guess. :so
The pic you posted on the "here" link looks like a Shelby CS6. Or at least a very good clone (from what I can see). It also looks like there is either a turbo or supercharger in the pic.

If the guy at the show has documentation, it might be a real good fake. Such as he believes it is real because the dealer put some kit on it or such. Documentation is harder to truly facke than one would expect.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.