Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few engine questions I had that I couldn't really get a straight answer for whilst searching the web. Okay, so first up, about the serpentine drive. I was trying to decide between these two kits from March:
March Performance Ford 302, 5.0 351W Style Track
The first one has P/S, which I need. It says it fits CSI water pumps, but it has a CSR in the pic. I think I found it:
Ford Small Block Electric Waterpump - Water Pumps - CSR
Correct?
And the second one fits Meziere back-plate style. I'm guessing this one doesn't work, but who knows? Here it is:
Meziere 300 Series Electric Water Pumps WP312U - SummitRacing.com
I don't think its the "backplate style".
I kinda want P/S, and the Meziere 300 Series looks like it is a pretty good pump, so maybe I could do something along the lines of custom aluminum brackets to fit the pump, alternator, and P/S pump? Idk
As far as heads go, which would be best to go with for a 428 Big Bore and 8-71 Twin-Screw? TFS TEA Custom 255 HP (or more accurately the TEA Custom 250 HP to be a little more cost effective:D) or the CHI 3V 225's (as I THINK the CHI 3V 260's are for a Cleavland, right?). I'm looking at a custom solid roller cam from FordStrokers or somewhere else and I also want a lot of mid-top end power. And what about the AFR Outlaw 225's? How do those fare against these two heads?
Third question is concerning the block. I know FordStrokers builds VERY nice engines, but they use the SHP block, which he rates at 1000 HP. My question is, would a Dart Iron Eagle or Sportsman block be better, or is the SHP a more cost effective and fitting choice. I don't PLAN on making a 1000 HP, but the Iron Eagle or Sportsman blocks are still more durable and I might feel a bit safer. Also, does anyone know if he does any Iron Eagles or Sportsmans like he does the SHP? Does he accept them?
Sorry, a lot questions. Lol Thanks for the input! :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
i'm sure woody would upgrade to whatever block you want.... why would you ask other people what woody would do?:nono: probably a good idea to talk to woody himself!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
i'm sure woody would upgrade to whatever block you want....probably a good idea to talk to woody himself!
YES! You can't find a better SBF guy!:yup:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
He will make you anything you want but the SHP is a damn good block and underrated.

I hope you have a nice bank account ready for this build :winks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He will make you anything you want but the SHP is a damn good block and underrated.

I hope you have a nice bank account ready for this build :winks
Yeah, lol, its gonna take a little while. :gringreenAnd yes I'll have to talk to him sometime. As far as the other things go, is that water pump gonna work. If not I found this:
CSI Biller Aluminum Water Pumps
But I don't think that's it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scratch off the CHI heads. I did a little more reading and they're meant for the Cleavland. So I guess its the TFS 250 High Ports from TEA. I'm also about 80% sure the CSR water pump will work, but I might use the Meziere 300 series and make some custom aluminum brackets. And I'm still deciding between the Iron Eagle and SHP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts