Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2015 5.0 w/ Auto tranny. I'm use to my Drag car tranny and the solid shifts,and was just curious as to what can be done about the lazy gear shifts w/these trannys? Is there a tuner that will
make the shifts more solid?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
It didn't say anything about SHIFT lag.Thx for the reply though.:wink:
Same thing actually. My BAMA Race Tune made the shifts quicker simple because they are done at higher RPM and thus higher transmission pressures.

But...part of why an auto is quicker than a standard is it's ability to softly apply the power and that helps to reduce tire spin....

Next question?:grin:

Maybe a torque converter upgrade?

·
Registered
525 Posts
You need a tune. Lund would be your best bet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
SCT and Bama Tuner

I just purchased a 2015 5.0 w/ Auto tranny. I'm use to my Drag car tranny and the solid shifts,and was just curious as to what can be done about the lazy gear shifts w/these trannys? Is there a tuner that will
make the shifts more solid?
I have an Airaid and Bama tuner for my 2015 Mustang GT Vert with Automatic.

Currently, there is a problem with SCT and the tuner for automatics. Since my tune, my shifts seem to really curve into gears and don't snap like they did on my 2011 Ford Mustang GT. My rear wheels should squawk into gear, especially from first to second and they do not!

American Muscle knows of the issue and apparently SCT is working on a fix.

·
Registered
525 Posts
That's a bunch of B.S. SCT isn't the problem but rather Bama. Sounds like they're feeding a line there. How come Lund guys or VMP guys aren't having any issues?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's a bunch of B.S. SCT isn't the problem but rather Bama. Sounds like they're feeding a line there. How come Lund guys or VMP guys aren't having any issues?
Well, whoever is to blame or if they are playing the "blame the other guy" game, whatever. At least they are acknowledging an issue.

For my inconvenience, American Muscle / Bama has issued me a $150 credit until the issue is resolved. If I decide to return the unit, I will simply get a 100% refund and lose the credit.

If you have an automatic and are having the same issues, contact Bama Performance and get a credit for your inconvenience.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, it is SCT afterall...

That's Alex just blowing smoke up your a$$. It's a Bama issue, not an SCT issue.
Actually scottmach, I did a factory reset on the Bama Tuner so that I could get the pre-installed SCT Tune for the car. When Bama makes their tunes and loads them on the SCT device, they disable the pre-installed tunes option. I programmed and tuned my car with SCT's tune and it shifts the same way; the car curves into gears as opposed to snapping into gears and squawking tires.

I think it is definitely an SCT issue.

:|

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx for the input guy's. As soon as the warranty is up i'm gonna look into a tuner. Its not really a big deal,just that when i get a wild hair and climb in the throttle ,I like to use the paddle's and would at least like to hear the tires chirp from first to second.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thx for the input guy's. As soon as the warranty is up i'm gonna look into a tuner. Its not really a big deal,just that when i get a wild hair and climb in the throttle ,I like to use the paddle's and would at least like to hear the tires chirp from first to second.
Glad to help bbfmavrick.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
That's Alex just blowing smoke up your a$$. It's a Bama issue, not an SCT issue.
Scott - Please see below and feel free to contact SCT.

I think it is definitely an SCT issue.

:|
Look, you're a great customer of ours and I want to make sure that you're being taken care of. I don't work for Bama and I'm not a tuner, so I just don't want to give you advice that doesn't help. I know a ton about modding Mustangs, but obviously you want a tuner looking through your datalogs and tweaking the file.
As a loyal AM customer, I want to refund your money and make sure that your experience with us is stellar. I'm also sorry that Bama can't get it right for you and I will continue to help you communicate with them until they get you solved. If this hasn't been set up yes shoot me a PM with your order info and I'll have the refund set up today.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great customer service...thanks for the call!

Scott - Please see below and feel free to contact SCT.

Look, you're a great customer of ours and I want to make sure that you're being taken care of. I don't work for Bama and I'm not a tuner, so I just don't want to give you advice that doesn't help. I know a ton about modding Mustangs, but obviously you want a tuner looking through your datalogs and tweaking the file.
As a loyal AM customer, I want to refund your money and make sure that your experience with us is stellar. I'm also sorry that Bama can't get it right for you and I will continue to help you communicate with them until they get you solved. If this hasn't been set up yes shoot me a PM with your order info and I'll have the refund set up today.
Thanks Alex, I appreciate you extending that refund. This afternoon, I got a phone call from Paul M., Lead Calibrator of the Bama Performance Team. He advised me that they are currently engaged in regular communications with SCT regarding this issue and assured me that we will figure out a solution to this problem. He did tell me that this issue is affecting ALL 2015 Mustang GT Automatics.

I also spoke with someone at SCT yesterday, who is higher up in the food chain and they are aware of the issue as well. He wouldn't provide any more detail other than they are working on it. I found out that SCT is going through a re-structing of some sort and will now be called Derive Systems. So I'm sure solutions will take even more time. Lastly, if the Bama tune and SCT tune are shifting my car the same way, SCT is the culprit as they are the ones that initially unlock the ECM and manipulate the manufacturer's software. Coincidentally, my car shifted the EXACT same way in stock mode.

I will hold off on the refund. As long as I know that AM / Bama is on my side and diligently working on a solution, I'll be as patient as Mother Teresa. I just don't want to feel like I'm getting the run around and if that happens, I will cease doing business with everyone. That's just how I roll.

But at this point, we will all move forward and SOLVE the problem.

:wink:

P.S. I want a deal on that Whipple Supercharger I plan to buy as soon as my warranty is up Alex!

:cheers
stang.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts