Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay for all those that know me, I am sure you will laugh at this as much as I did. This is an email I got from my local Ford dealer. Can anyone spot the part that is way too funny?

Dear Eric Vandermey,
According to our records, your 2005 Ford Mustang may be due for its 33,000 mile service. Regular maintenance is health insurance for your vehicle and can provide significant savings.

Your 2005 Ford Mustang is due for its 33,000-Mile Service. VIN: 1ZVHT85H455****** Services recommended by your manufacturer and Ford Lincoln Mercury of Fairfield include:
  • LUBRICATE BALL JOINTS
  • REPLACE ENGINE OIL FILTER
  • LUBRICATE LOWER CONTROL ARM
  • REPLACE ENGINE OIL
  • REPLACE REAR AXLE GEAR LUBRICANT
*Please disregard any recommended services that have been recently performed.
Manufacturer-recommended service data provided by Mitchell1 based on vehicle make, model and year.

Schedule a service appointment online today! (24 hours a day, 7 days a week.)

If you have any questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Sales: 1-866-758-1795​

Service: 1-866-731-2014
[email protected]

Sincerely,
Your Friends at Ford Lincoln Mercury of Fairfield
P.S. To ensure continued delivery of these emails, please add us to your "safe list" or address book in your email program.
You are receiving this promotional email as a customer of
Ford Lincoln Mercury of Fairfield.

To unsubscribe from future mailings, please click here.
Privacy Information

·
Registered
284 Posts
LOL...

I won't say a word. Just gonna laugh my a$$ off!

·
Registered
713 Posts
33,000! do you even have 3300!

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
3640?? i only have 3444, i have some catching up to do :D

I spotted the 33,000 miles in that immediatly and strted laughing my butt off. lmao :hihi:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
by the way did you finally do your first oil change yet?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
bring it in along with the letter.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You'll have to keep that letter and take it in with you in 25 years from now! :gringreen

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Yes, I did my only oil change at 1000 miles. It might be due for either another oil change or an entire engine rebuild. :bigthumbsup
Yeah you do, you probabably qualify for "severe service" If you don't drive your car a certain number of miles per year, it can be tough on the engine. :D

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Yeah you do, you probabably qualify for "severe service" If you don't drive your car a certain number of miles per year, it can be tough on the engine. :D
Correct... Generally there's a six month requirement in addition to the mileage.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I've gotten them, too. I just turned 9000 miles after 3 years, which is high mileage compared to you, but funny none the less.:gringreen

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
3600 miles in 3 years?

I had more than that in 3 days...

Man, I love this car. :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
just turned 6k and i've commited to changing the oil every anniversary. so twice so far. wonder how much longer the dealer will be sending me the "it's time to trade your car in" offers.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.