Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the GT/CS and I like that to the "uninformed" it makes my Mustang look "special":shiny:. However, at night its hard to tell its a GT, unless its running..then you should know just by the rumble:cooldude:. But i was wondering what you guys think about me putting some OEM "GT" emblems over the "GT" part, on the GT/CS stripe. I would rather have a GT/CS billet emblem, but im sure there are none for sale, cause I searched high and low for em. So... whatchya think:shrug...is it gonna look retarded..:cursing: should i just chuck my car battery in the bathtub while im it:idea...or do you think i should try it and see??!! Or if any of you know where i can get a Billet emblem using the same the "FONT" of the GT/CS stripe.:worship..please let me know where I might be able to obtain this Item...as I can live without the stripe, however...I still wanna be special. LOL Im an idiot.:sterb:

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Get that edelbrock E-Force and then slap "Supercharged" emblems on it :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get that edelbrock E-Force and then slap "Supercharged" emblems on it :)
I like your style...that will definitely do. I got about 3500.00 $ saved for that..so far. in a couple months that will be a viable option. But for now...any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You could switch out the vinyl for one that is brighter?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You can get a ton of different emblems.

There are the 4.6 High Performance, plain 4.6, 4.6 GT, the various GT emblems, the V8 emblem. ETC

The older Mustang GT badges are kinda cool to me. a 281 badge. You can also stick the factory badges anywhere they'd look good. And if the size was right, your original idea may look cool, it would be unique, that's for sure:bigthumbsup

I will say that, the people who'll "care" will know what it is even if it's not running. Plus the V6 and GT look different. To me anyway. I love them both, but I can always tell from the front which it is.

Also, you can switch the stripe to white, you'd see the letters much better and white looks good on red.

To tell you the truth, I might like people thinking I have a sixer under the hood, especially those who wanna run.:gringreen:winks

-Chris

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I like your style...that will definitely do. I got about 3500.00 $ saved for that..so far. in a couple months that will be a viable option. But for now...any thoughts??

How about a new intake and a GT 500 blower for thousands less then the Edelbrock??? $3500 can turn that GT into a Super Sqidd. and you could probably keep the rest of the money for other stuff that a s/c may cause you to need. I think he's making it 450/450 HP TQ and will even have his own emblems. GT 450 would be cool!
If you're interested, or don't know what I'm talking about, check out this http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/218898-will-gt500-supercharger-fit-4-6-gt.html

Hopefully coming real soon.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
How about a new intake and a GT 500 blower for thousands less then the Edelbrock??? $3500 can turn that GT into a Super Sqidd. and you could probably keep the rest of the money for other stuff that a s/c may cause you to need. I think he's making it 450/450 HP TQ and will even have his own emblems. GT 450 would be cool!
If you're interested, or don't know what I'm talking about, check out this http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/218898-will-gt500-supercharger-fit-4-6-gt.html

Squid better have a good team of lawyers. He is going to be getting tons of lawsuits from dudes with messed up cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks dude...BTW, I ripped the stripes off and put the factory OEM GT emblems on the fender wells....think that'll do for now...however..I did not know this about the GT500 blower...thanks!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was going to put my .02 in and yell "NONONONONO!!!!!!" but it looks like I'm too late!

The C/S looks more like a Shelby GT (that's the point of a C/S) then a V6, so I'm not sure your concern of not looking like a GT was valid.

Anywho, to each his own.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Squid better have a good team of lawyers. He is going to be getting tons of lawsuits from dudes with messed up cars.
Why do you think that? Are you saying his intake will fail?

I don't think he will offer any guarantees or a warranty, so he'll be fine. It's Buyer Beware with a product like that IMO. However, I don't think they will have any problems. He's been working on this intake for a long time now. Reason being, he didn't just rush it out and take any chances. Tons of time and R&D and testing plus realworld driving will be done before it's on the market.

And if there are problems (there are problems with Everything, mind you) IMO they will come from the S/C, not his intake. So, IMO, any problems that show up would have probably happened with any form of S/C pushing out equal boost.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I would never trust a homemade supercharger intake on my car but you know if you dont care if you car blows up thats the buyers deal! I'm just saying if it was able to be made it would already be done.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I would never trust a homemade supercharger intake on my car but you know if you dont care if you car blows up thats the buyers deal! I'm just saying if it was able to be made it would already be done.

Well that tells me a little something about you!:gringreen

No hear him all you inventors out there. Your new invention will fail, because if was going to work, it would have been invented already. So please, do NOT make ANY THING new!

The stupidity of mankind never ceases to amaze me!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was going to put my .02 in and yell "NONONONONO!!!!!!" but it looks like I'm too late!

The C/S looks more like a Shelby GT (that's the point of a C/S) then a V6, so I'm not sure your concern of not looking like a GT was valid.

Anywho, to each his own.
Only at night....the GT emblem...it shines. Looking to get some custom made "/CS" emblems made from a trophy shop here in town...the guy says he can do it in the font of the GT/CS and for only 170.00. will post pics when/if it happens.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Have you thought about doing an outline of the lettering in an offset or eye catching color to help distinguish the lettering from the rest of the striping?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts