Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have truly come to a hard crossroad in my life i think its time to get rid of my baby. some might call me a quitter but i think im making a wise choice. Lol i never thought i would see the day when a ricer caught my eye.
but the truth is that im only 19 and i need a car that i wont have to worry about it starting up. ill soon be posting my car up for sale soon and get me a nice downpayment. Now me being a mustang fan shows that i have a good judgement in automotive choice:cool: so the next choice will have to be a Mitsubishi EVO or a Subaru WRX STi...damn ill miss those scorching burnouts but having 4 doors is always a plus and so is the money ill save in gas. now yall please dont hate on me. but realize when i can i will have a classic stang again maybe a 69 fastback or ill come back to my original love a 66 coupe. anywayz this is my good bye to this forum.

thank yall, yall have helped me tons on my questions.
-Ralph

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some people become very attached to their "stuff" including cars of course. My advice is don't, its just stuff. Learn to sell your toys for the price you want, and keep in mind EXACTLY what you want to buy later. I've sold three mustangs and at the time I thought they were the ultimate, but really the one I have now beats them hands down. I will be selling it soon and starting on a new project.

As for what you buy, really, it's your taste that matters. I love my Dually powerstroke, my Mustang, and I get a kick out of tweaking my sons Mazda Protege.

One thing that helps is not to buy until you sell, it keeps you motivated to sell the car, AND get the price you want at a realistic reckoning.

Good luck...and study those rice burner brakes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I for one will be sorry to see you leave. I've learned so much from your long posting history and was so looking forward to your groundbreaking 5TH POST!:winks

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
At least get an American made car! Why not a SRT4?

For the cash you are spending on the jap junk you could drive a late model Mustang... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first of all its quality not quantitiy :)

and about the SRT-4 it doesnt handle anywhere as near as the EVO or STI which is something i really wanted after the mustang. plus those front wheel drive burnouts dont entice me that much either and the interior is a big ol cheapy on the Dodge. but i really dont see the american/jap. point of arguments a great car is a great car i dont car if its european, japanese or american. :) :cool:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
..And it follows you do not care about providing jobs for your neighbors... :sosad:

That's harsh, but have a good life and just hope you never need the support of your neighbors, they may not be there. :?:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tominator said:
..And it follows you do not care about providing jobs for your neighbors... :sosad:

That's harsh, but have a good life and just hope you never need the support of your neighbors, they may not be there. :?:
Hmm, yeah right, don't buy...uh foriegn cars because they take away your neighbors jobs...lessee

Oops! http://www.toyota.com/about/operations/na-affiliates/#m

Oops! http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000101&sid=a9.SNT.PZ2RY&refer=japan

Oh My!
http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=hamilton/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1136762109090&call_pageid=1020420665036&col=1112101662835

Jeez, grow up, your Jeeps are made in Canada too. Guess what? Most Americans work in "imported" jobs. That's right someone from another country came here and started up a business. In fact if we stopped the practice, there aren't enough McDonald's to keep us employed.

Don't get it? How about this? General Electric makes jet engines. You have engines to make, you stay employed. A few years back the Japanese, Koreans and the French were building up their fleets. Thank freaking God! I was employed! We finished...and now I have a different career.

So should I blame all of you? By your reckoning...yes! Dangit, ya'll were driving your Mustangs and not flying enough!

So to the kid who wants to take a stock rice burner and tweak it until it whines STOP. Go for it, and keep buying those parts from the local hotrod shops and paying the local foreign tech bucks for that transmission makeover, because THOSE are your neighbors.

Oh, and keep it quiet that my Ford F-350 Dually has Canadian parts...

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I'm talking of models not made in North America. The Japanese started building plants in the US because of tarriffs imposed by the influence of the big three. Japan has been dumping automobiles and motorcycles into the US market since the sixties while denying US made autos a share in their markets until recently.

I will always choose to buy a domestic product when there is a choice. :handball:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.