Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the gas station, and a kid i've seen before told me ''You got a mustang? Put that **** in the garbage, its ''only'' a V6''.

I told him my ''small'' V6 got 305 ponies...
And he said his stock civic type-r could walk me anytime because i'm 1500 pouds heavier... (In fact i'm 700 pounds heavier)
He said his car can do 0-60 in 4.0 second... i was a little surprised because my friend has a mitsubishi evo 10 stage 2 (340 WHP) and he does 4.1 second...

I dont know these small honda engine. Are they powerful at this point?
His civic is not even clean... has 140 000 mile...blue smoke behind the car when he floor it... the guy dont have a penny to put mod on it i'm sure, he work to the gas station.

i know my stang is not a racer car but could i lose against him?
If he walk me with his 1.8l engine i think i buy a supercharge and 100 hp nos...

·
Registered
666 Posts
The kid is working at the gas station because that's where he belongs. A 2012 Civic SI can only do 0-60 in 6.9s with a 15.1s quarter mile. I'm guessing his beat up limper would be amazed at itself to pull off a 0-60 in under 8s. Some people can mod Civics and make them fast, but this tool definitely does not sound like he's that capable. Just another idiot with a ricer that thinks it's fast cause it can blow the doors off a family sedan.

And what's his point with knocking on your v6? He's "only" got a 4 banger! That guy has fail written all over him.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You should have took his challenge....a stock civic will never out run a V6 Mustang.

Plus why would he be calling out your car when his car is a POS. LOL

Every person who calls out my V6 - my response is lets go race...and most time they back down.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Anything can be made fast given time and money. He has been watching too much F&F. The vast majority of @@@@talkers driving Civics are just that. The idea that stickers, a wing, fart cannon, and CAI make a race car are ideas I don't subscribe to. Just be mature about the whole thing and tell him his girlfriend liked the backseat in your mustang just fine.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Well, for one, you could ask his boss why he trains his punks to mouth off to customers.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Like all new motors, they are much better than those of 10 years ago. Are they powerful at this point? That depends on your definition of powerful. The Honda K20 is a beast IMO, making right around 100hp/liter in stock form. The Coyote makes a little over 80hp/liter, so liter for liter, the K20 is much more efficient. That said, if he has a 1.8 liter on a newer civic, it's an R18 and no where near as powerful as the K20. Barring driver ability, a new V6 will have no problem stomping a stock Civic. If it were a Civic Si, it could go either way. The major problem with MOST smaller motors, is the lack of torque. That's one of the major reasons turbos are so popular on 4 bangers, they generally make more torque than a supercharger of the same displacement. Most of the people that make fun of 4 bangers are simply ignorant. I get just as much pleasure banging gears at 9K on a little 4 banger as I do getting slammed back into the seat of the 5.0. Most real gearheads who are into 4 bangers make fun of ricers just as much as we do. -Thomas

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
what year model did it look like it was? type r civic..... those are only in japan and were hatchbacks, very rare to see in the states, ive only seen 1 in my life. now if he did a motor swap into a civic from a type r integra then thats why hed be calling it a type r, which i doubt cause that swap costs like 6k. i call bs on this kid. guy i know here in town has a 08 civic si with the k20 with a tune and bolt ons pushing 207fwhp on the dyno, but..... lol.... 150fwtq. this type r kid has fail all over him.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time talking to a mouthy gas station attendant...

G

·
Be a duck in water and let it roll off your back. It's jealousy plain and simple. People dream of owning Mustangs regardless of engine configuration.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Be a duck in water and let it roll off your back. It's jealousy plain and simple. People dream of owning Mustangs regardless of engine configuration.
Yea dude just ignore him and laugh off his POS car....hes jealous.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I d want to see what he has under the hood first...A whole lot of conversion options engine wise and they can be built to big HP..of course probably not on a gas station jockeys dough... FNGFOG

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Okay his "stock" civic will deff not beat our mustangs! ...Even if it was a type R..but i highly dought its a real one due to the fact there rare and he works at a gas station lol..but you can check if its right hand drive as well. In order for it do get close to this level, he would have to due a engine swap..usally B, H, and K series are popular, (depending what engine can be very expensive) where even then once the swap is complete it takes bolt ons along with it (intake manifold,headers,exhaust,intake)etc..A new transmission with upgraded clutch is then usally required to gett the full potential and handle the added power..plus usally a turbo to see hp ratings close around 300. *It does matter what engine you start off as a base, the weight also varies for what engine you choose.

So it is possible, one of our personal civics puts out 316whp..and it has everything I mentioned above plus more..the engine is a B series integra type R swap.

From what he explained..which is basically nothing..dont even worry about it!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He said to me he has an integra type R engine, or something like that.
I think its a 1.8 liter but i'm not even sure.
I checked on google and the car look like maybe a 1998-1999-2000 civic.

If i line him, am i better to remove tcs or leave it on?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

oh okay so its just the swap? a stock type R engine wont crank out more then 200hp..this is him claimming its a stock engine tho..

G

·

If you have any practice at all launching then LEAVE THE TRACTION CONTROL OFF. I turn of tc everytime I get in the car unless it is bad weather/cold out...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Type r motor is 195hp and like 130tq stock, revs up to like 9k or a little less. No way he'll take you if its stock.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I ignore dumb kids, and I don't look at Hondas. I suggest you do the same.:winks

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
let's see, his little shi+can is worth what? $2000, you have a 30K+ car...story over
I'll take slow and rich over fast and cheap anyday..not that you would lose, but I have seen some insane Civics...usually spraying the heck out it.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts