Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my co-workers has a Chrysler Crossfire. I'm not sure what year. As I left work yesterday, I noticed he followed me on the highway. He pulled up behind me and was goosing it, making the front end jump. As he pulled into the left lane to pass (or try to) I dropped it from 4th to third and ....well it wasn't even close. From what I read on the web, I can't tell if the Crossfire is supposed to be anything fast or not. I want to call it a kill but I don't want it to seem like I was taking candy from a baby so to speak. He hasn't talked to me today yet either!:hihi:

·
Registered
383 Posts
who cares what it was. he challenged you and you destroyed him. if you had started it then maybe you should not be bragging, but it was him. i say enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
a kill is a kill, I had a wrx for breakfast this morning. he pulled up beside me at light and started doing that rev thing. ok game on sent the poor kid to school broken hearted.:happydance:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The Crossfire has a 3.8L 18valve V6 making 215hp.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
he asked for it and you handed it to him. but, the stock Crossfire is way underpowered and not a good matchup for your stang.
now, the SRT6 is another story.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
How fast are the SRT6's?

·
Registered
414 Posts
How fast are the SRT6's?
About 13.5 in the quarter in normal street configuration.

Not bad, a 2 seater with a supercharged 3.2L 6 that makes 330 HP and 310 TQ, weighing in at 3220. It is just a tad bit overpriced for a MOPAR.

·
Registered
240 Posts
good kill dude, my friend has a crossfire and its no joke, i have a V6 and it barely beats me.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
About 13.5 in the quarter in normal street configuration.

Not bad, a 2 seater with a supercharged 3.2L 6 that makes 330 HP and 310 TQ, weighing in at 3220. It is just a tad bit overpriced for a MOPAR.
Wow, I didn't expect that, good to know. That's pretty respectable imo but yeah the price tag is a bit too much.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
good kill, those crossfire's are not that quick unless eqipped with the srt upgrades which include the 3.2 supercharged amg engine from the c32 amg and the slk32 amg, and they handle nice, very nice but still no match for a stang, i've been selling cars for 2 1/2 yrs. and i sold all domestics, and out of all the crossfire sold the worst, because they are way too expensive and they're in a class of high end two seaters and to tell you the truth i would rather but a z4 for about the same price or a solstice gxp turbo for cheaper, in fact we had a brand new 05 srt6 in like november of 06 cause nobody wants them and we had it marked down 10 grand, but anyways im through nice kill man

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah i see it as he challenges you, so you accept his challenge and whoop his a**. Its like self defense or something. lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
MustangGT/CSowner

I'm glad to see that your priorities are in the right place, as you don't want to be a bully. However, anybody who picks on you is fair game. I say your story qualifies as a kill, and a good one. :bigthumbsup If you would, check out the thread that I just posted, "An easy Pontiac Grand Prix". I'd like to have you opinion.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Yeah i see it as he challenges you, so you accept his challenge and whoop his a**. Its like self defense or something. lol
Lol, self-defense. That's a good one. If I get pulled over by the cops for racing, I'm going to tell the cops that he tried to race me and I just used self defense and whooped his a$$:laugh:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i say anyone who revs at you is fair game. They ask you deliver. good kill :bigthumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.