Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if you are aware of the "tunning" phenomena over here in France, it's mostly young dudes buying very cheap and small cars and mainly changing how they look with crazy racing kits and stripes... Not doing anything to the engine at all! (too expensive I guess and it doesn't show when parked in front of the Mall!)
Anyway, since I got my Mustang, it looks like I'm attracting a lots of those "tuners" at stop lights.
Last one was my favorite! So he stops next to me, as lately the weather is more than nice, we both have our windows down, he is on my left side so between him and I sits his girlfriend. We start with the regular head nod "yes good looking car hey". Naturaly, without even pumping on the gas pedal, my engine roars a little bit, he says "nice sound coming out of your engine, wanna race?" Then he pumps on his gas to show off a bit and I then answer "nice sound coming out of your exhaust pipes! Try me again when your engine makes some too!" At that comment, his girlfriend bursts into laughter (as she was surely aware he did not spend a dime to tune his engine...), he roles up her window all ashamed and drives away slowly without a single glance over me!
So a kill without racing! Anyway, even with his stock engine he might have killed me as my 351 CJ needs a lots of work to be in racing shape hahaha (I started to work on it yesterday, it's already doing better, I'll spend more time working on it thru the summer, then I hope that by fall it will be as new! Almost... :hihi:)

·
Registered
232 Posts
hahaha! thats awesome! :laugh: Congrats man! haha

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
intimidation is great,way to go!!!!

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i can just imagine what the girlfriend said to him on the way home haha

·
Registered
191 Posts
Tuners in your country are called ricers here

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Lol, nice verbal kill:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
671 Posts
I should write that down.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i dont know how that works i think every area has there own thing. france i think likes circuit racing/america drag racing/japan drifting. i wish somone would explain all this to me. Nice kill bro.. gotta love when that happens

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont know how that works i think every area has there own thing. france i think likes circuit racing/america drag racing/japan drifting. i wish somone would explain all this to me. Nice kill bro.. gotta love when that happens
Thanx man!

About the style of racing, from what I understood, over here in Europe, we go for circuit racing or rally type racing because drivers tend to want to proove how good their cars can handle themselves and how good they can handle their cars on complicated tracks... And also, a long straight strech of road is harder to find than in the US :hihi:

Concerning Japan well, between packed cities, parking lots and mountain roads, it's even harder to find a wide straight road there so... drifting came in naturaly I guess. (still, I have a friend there who managed to import and race there with his 06 Mustang Steeda...)

As for the US, I won't pretend to know better than you guys :bigthumbsup But I'd think : long straight roads, powerful propulsion cars... It came naturaly!!!

No offence but european and asian drivers always say u drive drag races cause american cars can't turn!!! Hey! :happyhapp I said no offense, I love American cars, I'm driving one :laugh: (one that can't realy turn either but hey, makes u even better if you can hande your car right??? :bigthumbsup)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.