Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm glad to say I have another Ford in my garage. Just came home the other day with a new 2011 Ford Explorer. Ive never really been an SUV guy, but damn this thing is nice to drive. And it's insane the amount of technology they put in this thing. No other SUV on the market can really compare. My wife and I were looking at other higher priced SUVs(BMW, Porche, Land Rover, etc). Even if you were able to get the tech that Ford has, the MSRP would easily be double.

-It's got all points radar(cruise control that will also keep you a certain distance from the vehicle ahead of you).
-HUD warning light on the window in case you are getting to close to another car while on cruise, brakes begin to charge
-It can parallel park it's self...insane.
-No buttons in the console! Everything is touch sensitive.
-10,000 voice commands including directions, phone(not new I know), restaurants etc.
-System/vehicle health check that gets sent to syncmyride.com so you can see if anything is wrong with your car.
-The air conditioned seats were nice this morninng.....getting hot out!
-I love the ambient lighting system, even though it's probably a bit "ricey". Still looks cool though.

I love that the salesman told me I could hook up Wii and play it in the car. Not that I will ever do that, but pretty cool to have the option. LOL.

Ford is really knocked it out of the park with this one.:bigthumbsup Got a pic of my stang and the explorer in the garage but the sun glare last night made the pic suck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
congrats. My father-in-law just picked one up. As someone who drives and Expedition as a daily driver, I can appreciate SUVs almost as much as Mustangs...and the new Explorer is really something else. Good luck with it. You'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats. My father-in-law just picked one up. As someone who drives and Expedition as a daily driver, I can appreciate SUVs almost as much as Mustangs...and the new Explorer is really something else. Good luck with it. You'll enjoy it.
Thanks! Also makes it better that the mpg's are about the same as our old Tribute. So we basically got a bigger car without sacraficing mpgs.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
:postpicslol I wanted to use this for some time,just never go the opportunity.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:postpicslol I wanted to use this for some time,just never go the opportunity.
Got some at home...I'll post em tonight.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Wii? hook a PS3 instead lol. Sounds nice dude would love to have one too.
Well I'm an xbox boy, but I doubt I could hook up either cuz I think the Ps3/360 require the 5 wire component cable(Audio,video, x,y,z or whatever). The explorer comes with a audio/video jack which is why I can hookup the Wii. Wonder if you can just hook up a video/audio cable for both systems and let the other 3 dangle?

Btw, was too lazy to post the pics last night, I was waaaaay to lazy with the heat and all. That and I didn't have any good shots from the night before. It's at the dealer right now. The traction control system was disabled by the car for some reason. I think there is a faulty sensor. As soon as I get it back I'll post some.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well I'm an xbox boy, but I doubt I could hook up either cuz I think the Ps3/360 require the 5 wire component cable(Audio,video, x,y,z or whatever). The explorer comes with a audio/video jack which is why I can hookup the Wii. Wonder if you can just hook up a video/audio cable for both systems and let the other 3 dangle?

Btw, was too lazy to post the pics last night, I was waaaaay to lazy with the heat and all. That and I didn't have any good shots from the night before. It's at the dealer right now. The traction control system was disabled by the car for some reason. I think there is a faulty sensor. As soon as I get it back I'll post some.
Well I prefer the PS3 since the xbox dont have any good games. Dude how can your SUV parallel park by itself?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
WERE WAITING......:yup:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WERE WAITING......:yup:
Haha, the dealership had to order some steering column module or something. Hopefully I'll get it today. AND hopefully it won't be dirty as heck, which is how I usually get my car back from them.

Well I prefer the PS3 since the xbox dont have any good games. Dude how can your SUV parallel park by itself?
Well it's 75% the car, 25% me. The car can find a spot that it can fit into, then you put it into reverse, the car takes care of turning the wheel, and the driver pushes the gas and brake. Haven't actually tried it out yet, but we'll see.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Dude, that's AWESOME!!! I had no idea half those options were available on any car or suv! I'm happy for you!

I love suv's, they can come in so handy. I had a nice Dodge Durango (no comments please) until an 87 year old lady t-boned me running a red light. Absolutely destroyed her car, but just bent the hell out of my front 4wd axle and steering and it never drove right again, that's when I bought this Mustang. The old lady later asked the police, "when did they put that stoplight there?" they replied, "About 30 years ago." lol.

As far as the more expensive suv's, you're right. My wife's dd is a MB GLK350 and it doesn't have or do half the stuff yours does.

Again, congrats, I'm jealous! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude, that's AWESOME!!! I had no idea half those options were available on any car or suv! I'm happy for you!

I love suv's, they can come in so handy. I had a nice Dodge Durango (no comments please) until an 87 year old lady t-boned me running a red light. Absolutely destroyed her car, but just bent the hell out of my front 4wd axle and steering and it never drove right again, that's when I bought this Mustang. The old lady later asked the police, "when did they put that stoplight there?" they replied, "About 30 years ago." lol.
Thanks! Lol. That hilarious(about the old lady's comment) I wouldn't talk down a durango. Some kid used to have one at college with some exhaust....sounded mean as s***.

As far as the more expensive suv's, you're right. My wife's dd is a MB GLK350 and it doesn't have or do half the stuff yours does.

Again, congrats, I'm jealous! :bigthumbsup
Yeah, I'm praying I get it back tonight...ill snap some pics when it's light out, and hopefully grab some night pics of the interior at night. With the ambient lighting, it's pure sex:bigthumbsup

The only thing that the upper end SUVs have over Ford's is power. They ditched the V8 engine for something more economical. But I'm not complaining. I have power on the other side of my garage :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here she is!:bigthumbsup
The dealer even washed it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i sat in one at the dealer yesterday, they are freeking sweet, i cannot wait to get one of them for myself :)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
thats one nice ride u have there:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Love it, looks sweeter in your pictures than on Ford's own website! :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I will have to replace my Suv in a year or two....hopefully I can pick up one used with little miles on it and get it for half of the mrsp like my mustang deAl. Do they come in Alloy?...lol

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i sat in one at the dealer yesterday, they are freeking sweet, i cannot wait to get one of them for myself :)
Yeah, the drive is so nice and smooth. I look forward to driving it almost as much as my stang which is a shock to me.:winks

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love it, looks sweeter in your pictures than on Ford's own website! :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

Thanks! Ford is more than welcome to pay me for them, lol :)

I will have to replace my Suv in a year or two....hopefully I can pick up one used with little miles on it and get it for half of the mrsp like my mustang deAl. Do they come in Alloy?...lol
They have Ingot Silver and Stirling grey(both metallic). It's not called alloy though. They seem to be having issues with color. They put bordeux and black on hold cuz the pigments come from Japan. We luckily got ours that was in transit to another dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Love the color! We just bought a 2010 Red Candy vert that we love, but we decided to keep our 2000 Explorer because we love it. It only has 67,000 miles on it & it's so convenient. With all of those features, wow! Yours looks great!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts