Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A new Shelby...maybe...

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  AirborneVet 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been talked about before but I wanted to post what I gathered on this subject-
I was at the Charlotte AutoFair last weekend and while looking at the Shelby display (beutiful "new" GT350SR by the way) I asked who I beleive was Jim Wallace, Shelby Automobiles, Inc. Sales Manager, if there is going to be a Shelby on the new Mustang. He told me that Shelby is currently in negotiations with Ford on the project and it looks very promising but nothing is yet written in stone. He did stress the "very promising" part though and made it sound as if it will happen unless something just goes terribly awry. He also told me that Shelbys take on the project is to create a "retro" GT500 since the new cars will match the styling so well. I asked him if these cars will be geared towards a "body and sticker" package or a more serious, higher end car and he stated that if it happens with Shelbys input it will be a car that matches its looks with performance. Thus, they are trying to build a car geared more towards a higher end market, but not quite so high as to make it something that only collectors with air-conditioned garages will be able to touch, and yet something more than just a sticker package. Sounds really cool to me from what we discussed and I sincerely hope it happens (give me something to trade my '03 for :D ), especially since he really stressed the "very promising" part. If you guys and gals are interested in seeing something like this happen let the people at Shelby know- www.shelbyautos.com
By the way, take a look at some of the stuff they are having built now days-

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry I couldn't get a better picture of the GT350SR, so many people were surrounding it that I was lucky to get the one that I did. I did get a good picture of one of the Shelby Cobras though-
P.S. Check out the cars painted on the side of the trailer.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.