• Nothing...there is no damage.

Votes: 160 29.5%
  • Been a little pissed but let it go.

Votes: 215 39.6%
  • Been furious

Votes: 17 3.1%
  • Left a note on his truck with your opinion of his "parking"

Votes: 64 11.8%
  • "Accidentally" scratched his hood while loading your suitcase.

Votes: 59 10.9%
  • Waiting for him with a ball bat.

Votes: 28 5.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i came out from my hotel in down town atlanta and found this....

Just for fun..what would you have done (poll)

Attachments

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i went with number 2. no harm no foul. might have left a small note( have before) about hey man be careful ok, being nice. but id never ever damage another person ride for a mistake. and i wouldent hurt them.

if there was damage ida called the law and went in to find the owner.

but if there was no damage, ida let it go.

had a car park their bumper through my reese hitch one time. dident hurt me!

to be fair about it, he is within the lines.......if you see what im talking about.

to be fair about it, he is within the lines.......if you see what im talking about.

i drive a dodge and the fronts drop off...but they stick out, quite deciveing. i say the truck driver did fine

totally ment to edit, not post again lol.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i have an 05 Dodge durango 4x4 so i know what you mean..similiar front.

Here is the thing....he tried to shove that LONG ASS truck on the end spot where he would have felt the need to pull up like that to be in the spot..

THERE WERE PROBABLY 25 other LARGER empty spots in that lot.

IE..he saw the "mustang' and for some reason...DECIDED to be a **** on purpose.

Sorry should have included that in original post.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i hardley belive that is the case.

ive seen more dicks than i care to count. as far as i can tell from the picture, the truck driver did nothing wrong, you either backed up a few inches too far, or did not pull through enough.

**** is when your in the middle of no where, and someone parks like that behind you, and you can see there are other cars near you.

while i do think he coulda parked near the fence, i dont feel this post justifies anything

Attachments

·
Banned
9,214 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i see where you are goin with that line of thinking but trust me..

There were only 3 or 4 cars in the lot and ..

..drum rolll.....

That is down at the end furtherst away from everything. The entrance to the hotel is 20 parking spaces in THE OTHER DIRECTION closest to the door. (see where i am going with this....pretty much what you said.....if you park away from everything and someone does that).

The reason i am an inch over the line is because its an end spot and there was a van opposite me the night before, i was trying to leave room for cars to swing around that curve so i did that intentionally so my front end would not be sticking out into the driving area.

:bigthumbsup

Also if you have a really long vehicle and you see the guys bumper is on the line..you dont drive into his car... you accept that you have a long vehicle and you go looking for an appropriate spot. Thats what i do when i have my durango.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
your still over the line.

i see your side. but your still over the line

·
Registered
411 Posts
Living here in Ga. I can testify that people do not think past their @#$ when parking. I have had people park next to me when I purposely park in the deserted area. There can be twenty spaces around me empty and some idiot has to $#%@$ park me. Some do it to be funny and others to be @#@'s. I honestly believe people need to buy vehicles they know how to drive. If you can't drive it after a short while,walk everywhere. Also he parked exactly behind you for a reason,you can plainly see empty spaces on the other side or your vehicles. I am glad you did not do anything that could have gotten you in trouble. It's not worth it.

P.S. You can tell the driver is not that good of a driver,his wheels are still turned to the left from turning into the space showing there is not enough room to park there.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Living here in Ga. I can testify that people do not think past their @#$ when parking. I have had people park next to me when I purposely park in the deserted area. There can be twenty spaces around me empty and some idiot has to $#%@$ park me. Some do it to be funny and others to be @#@'s. I honestly believe people need to buy vehicles they know how to drive. If you can't drive it after a short while,walk everywhere.

i second the motion!

i dont think the wheels have anything to do with it. he stopped with in the lines, wheels turned or not.when i park out in BFE mine arent always straight.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No Harm No Foul!!!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correct. There needs to be a seventh choice in the poll: "Kick my own ass since I didn't park within the lines and brought this on myself."
Even if you advance my car 2 inches so its within the lines in the picture...he STILL pulled up WAY TO CLOSE...

That would put him now..3 inches away from my car instead of just one...still way too close...i NEVER park like that...so that kinda voids your argument.

Plus like i said..i was on the corner and was trying to do the "RESPONSIBLE" THING by making sure my front end wasnt sticking too much into that 90degree hook..

Edit: Let me concede defeat that i wasnt fully within my lines so......

Lets say i am driving my durango and there is a nice SS and some poor dude drivin it didnt get it over the line. Do i A) pull right up and pretty much touch his bumper to prove a point (even though im technically just in my spot)...or B) Just park some where my truck fits.

Well he IS over the line but hey..id be a total ********* if i pulled into his car just because "i can" and then hit him with some "but you are over the line" remark if he said anything. However, i am NOT a *********..so id just park elsewhere.

Since this is the high standard i hold for myself...i am going to measure the owner of this truck by the same standard.

So..in summary...we are both right. Yes i was a couple inches over the line and YES he is a douchbag for parking that way.

There! The great "2inces over the line" Debate solved. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
33 Posts
At least he was smart enough to back it up an inch after he kissed your tail!

·
Registered
163 Posts
As much as I would be upset too, I have to theories on this. I drive in a lot of tight areas, people are always saying that was close. My response is an 1/8 of an inch is as good as a foot, no contact, just air in between, how much air is enough. Second approach is, your always at risk in public lots. Part of owning a nice car. :) It's only metal, or composite,or fiberglass,etc, you get the point.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Even if you advance my car 2 inches so its within the lines in the picture...he STILL pulled up WAY TO CLOSE...

That would put him now..3 inches away from my car instead of just one...still way too close...i NEVER park like that...so that kinda voids your argument.

Plus like i said..i was on the corner and was trying to do the "RESPONSIBLE" THING by making sure my front end wasnt sticking too much into that 90degree hook..

Edit: Let me concede defeat that i wasnt fully within my lines so......

Lets say i am driving my durango and there is a nice SS and some poor dude drivin it didnt get it over the line. Do i A) pull right up and pretty much touch his bumper to prove a point (even though im technically just in my spot)...or B) Just park some where my truck fits.

Well he IS over the line but hey..id be a total ********* if i pulled into his car just because "i can" and then hit him with some "but you are over the line" remark if he said anything. However, i am NOT a *********..so id just park elsewhere.

Since this is the high standard i hold for myself...i am going to measure the owner of this truck by the same standard.

So..in summary...we are both right. Yes i was a couple inches over the line and YES he is a douchbag for parking that way.

There! The great "2inces over the line" Debate solved. :bigthumbsup
mmmm no sorry your still wrong.dont seam like you hold standards too high, you shoulda parked in an outer corner of the lot, and you sholdent have parked over the line, that or you shoulda got so far over he couldent park there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would have kicked his fender in and moved my car!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yup, it was darn too close but yours was little over the line and don't forget yours is smaller than Ram's. Also whoever drove that Ram truck it's bit high for its driver to realize how close it may been when approached to park, probably.

Still a wrong for it to park too close like that though.

At least no scratch was done then just be glad that you're so lucky!

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
I would have kicked his fender in and moved my car!

its people like you that downgrade this site. scratch that, down grade car people in general

why would you damage someone elses truck, when they did not touch your car?

1 - 20 of 201 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.