Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 2012, the RX8 is R.I.P., one I strongly considered versus the Mustang V6 PerfPkg. No comparison power wise, you had to wind it out like a 2 stroke dirt bike, but that was part of the fun. Awesome, awesome road course handling ... would carve and hold the line effortlessly

As of 2013, the iconic EVO will be pushing up daisies. Personally, I don't like cars that can cover up driver errors, but man, could you ever put the power down waay early coming out of a turn and just let the software move the power around / drag the inside leg as needed.

Two serious & worthy cars gone forever, sad.

Makes you appreciate the longevity of the Mustang.

·
Registered
872 Posts
The Mustang lives strong because of the people who own them and the community they create. Respect and pride is where it all begins. Plus it's an American icon that has been around for 45+ years.

You cant say that about an evo or an rx-8...

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
And the maker of the Mustang actually makes money selling them, same can't be said about the Evo for sure and demand just isn't there for the RX8.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
RX8 = Ugly STI > EVO

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
In what universe is the STI> Evo ?
I guess ours..since the evo will no longer exist. Regardless I'm a subaru guy..have an STI so you can say im bias lmao.

·
Registered
332 Posts
my dealer said he didnt make anything off me when i got my 2011 pp dec 28 2010:kooky:so the maker must be making all the money.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I guess ours..since the evo will no longer exist. Regardless I'm a subaru guy..have an STI so you can say im bias lmao.
Perfectly fair.. everyone has their biases.

One thing though your point that the evo no longer existing makes the STI better isn't a very good one. If using the argument that sales reflected quality, the Camaro would be a better car than the mustang because of its consistent outselling.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wasnt the camaro gone forever too? And it came back.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
my dealer said he didnt make anything off me when i got my 2011 pp dec 28 2010:kooky:so the maker must be making all the money.
Yeah, the dealer said they would only make $240 off me. I am sure they get a "bonus" and commission for the sale though. Also, they make money off the financing of it as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wasnt the camaro gone forever too? And it came back.
Anyone know how long the Camaro was out of production?

Mazda toys with the idea of bringing back the RX7, but nothing real has happened there yet.

Looking at the posts here, clearly Al Qaeda has hijacked my thread ;-)

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's such a joke when dealers say that. One great line is..."I deal in volume." oh really? So you've decided it's easier to sell 3 cars for the same profit as just 1 at a price a smudge higher?

Or..."I am just hoping you send your friends and family up here." why? So you can rape THEM with a higher price than you gave me?

They wouldn't waste their time if they didn't make money on the sale.

G

·
Whether you're a fan or not... the loss of any enthusiast vehicle is sad. They are the models that drive (no pun intended) interest and are a rally point for their fans.

I was never a fan of them but I can appreciate them for what they are... or were.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's such a joke when dealers say that. One great line is..."I deal in volume." oh really? So you've decided it's easier to sell 3 cars for the same profit as just 1 at a price a smudge higher?

I could be wrong, but I have heard Ford gives them a better kick back if they move a lot on new VINs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts