Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, where do I start... I have a 96 GT, PI intake swap just done last week. That went pretty well if I do say so. The car has new coil packs, plug wires and plugs. Fuel filter was just changed. The car starts great and has a kinda funny idle jumps between 750 and 800 rpms. when im driving the car seems fine for the most part as long as i don't get on it. As soon as I start to push it it starts to spudder. The car has been doing this for a long time now. I was hoping the swap would help out. i'm beginning to think it is fuel related??? I do have an engine light on, it's the purge sensor, it came on today. I know someone out there has the same issue...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not the IAC

Well, where do I start... I have a 96 GT, PI intake swap just done last week. That went pretty well if I do say so. The car has new coil packs, plug wires and plugs. Fuel filter was just changed. The car starts great and has a kinda funny idle jumps between 750 and 800 rpms. when im driving the car seems fine for the most part as long as i don't get on it. As soon as I start to push it it starts to spudder. The car has been doing this for a long time now. I was hoping the swap would help out. i'm beginning to think it is fuel related??? I do have an engine light on, it's the purge sensor, it came on today. I know someone out there has the same issue...
The IAC has been changed, I have had many mustangs and they have all had that problem so that is the first thing I change when I get a new one. Unless this one is faulty as well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.