Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My First Post here..hope it's not too long.
I got a 96 GT with t-45. I swapped gears to 3.73 and bought a speedcal to fix the speedo. Install went well and it worked fine until you hit 55 mph where the speedometer goes to zero. I found the alternate bank 2 dip switch setting of "0100000" and that helped a little and makes the speedo go weird at 65 mph. The red LED light stays lit when the speedo goes haywire and I data logged to find that the PCM also gets a good speed signal.
I later found that my GPS head unit taps into the VSS wire as well and when I disconnected it, everything was fine. I payed a lot of money for the head unit and would like the GPS functionality so my question is. Is there a different location to tap my GPS (or speedcal) into? I've already tried the tail shaft speed sensor, the input wires before the speedcal, and the cruise control.
I've had my center console open with all the wires hanging out for 2 weeks now trying to resolve this issue so any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.​

·
Registered
874 Posts
Why not get a tuner to correct the gear difference? You can use tuners to input your gear ratio and it takes care of it at your computer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not get a tuner to correct the gear difference? You can use tuners to input your gear ratio and it takes care of it at your computer.
Well, I have a SCT tuner but prior to 99, Mustangs didn't have the ability to just have a tuner adjust the speedometer. I did use the tuner to data log and saw that my PCM shows the right speed even when my speedometer goes to zero. Thanks for the thought though, keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some more info: I just scanned for DTC's and I got a C1451. Something to do with the traction control circuit being open. No MIL though. Not sure if this has something to do with the speedometer problem, but it wasn't there before. Anybody else got any input? I know it's a pretty weird (tough) problem, but I'd appreciate any thoughts. :bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.