Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an a4ld trans bolted to my 2.3 and im leaking fluid from the top of the back end of it. Is there any sensors up there that my leak?
:?:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine was leaking a little bit over a few month time period then I added too much oil and blew out the seal. Then I found a local tweeker drug addict who said he can pull the transmission out, install a new seal and put it all back together but I was there doing most of the work while he was just getting frustrated at it...
So you probably blew out the seal too!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i think we can rule out the rear seal its not leaking from the tail shaft area, its leaking from the top of the transmission. I was up under the stang and noticed there looks to be an accesss hatch under my console..... any ideas why the factory put that there? It looks as if its leaking from the trans in that area. Is there a sensor there?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well i think we can rule out the rear seal its not leaking from the tail shaft area, its leaking from the top of the transmission. I was up under the stang and noticed there looks to be an accesss hatch under my console..... any ideas why the factory put that there? It looks as if its leaking from the trans in that area. Is there a sensor there?
There might be a vent up there. I had a firebird that would leak from the top of the tranny when it got hot. Turned out it was coming from a vent. Not the same tranny but maybe they all have vents.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks so if it was over full it may leak out the vent?
Possibly, but in my case I believe it was overheating as it only did it after long hot drives. Is it leaking from the tailpiece by where the speedo sensor is? Mine is a little wet there but no drips or anything. I was just under there today tightening my exhaust to the cat flange.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.