Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to learn more about the a9t computer. Some places I have read it is nothing special. On the other hand I have read alot about it being the SSP mustang (state trooper edition) computer and had a better tune for performance such as a leaner WOT. I bought it to perform a mass air conversion on my 88 5.0 motor before I dropped it into a 89 LX coupe. Anything welcome:?::?:

·
Registered
897 Posts
A9T =SOS as A9P and A9M and C3W ...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well is there any differences between the a9p and a9t? why is the a9p the most sought after? I personally have had a a9p years back on another mustang that went out and I replaced it with a a9m I got from a buddy and remember seeing no noticable differences.

R

·
0 Posts
well is there any differences between the a9p and a9t? why is the a9p the most sought after? I personally have had a a9p years back on another mustang that went out and I replaced it with a a9m I got from a buddy and remember seeing no noticable differences.
The reason the a9p is sought after because that is the one most are familiar with no other reason

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
I have read alot about it being the SSP mustang (state trooper edition) computer and had a better tune for performance such as a leaner WOT.
if there was a special tune on SSP cars, it was removed as soon as the car was deactivated and sold for public use.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Nothing really special about SSP cars other than the coolers, bigger alt, fan clutch blah blah blah.....

I knew a few ford tech guys that would service them and he said the cops used to put shorties and flows on their own cars but from factory they were just stangs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts