Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!! I installed the Steeda underdrive pulley kit and have been happily burning through more $3.50+/gal fuel with some extra giddyup. I have seen some older posts here swearing by the Steeda Timing Adjuster as an added bonus.

While I would love to have something more than a N/A engine, I do not anticipate this any time soon. Would I be better off opting for a tuner like the Xcalibrator3 or similar? Do I gain anything from the Steeda timing adjuster instead?

My goal is to optimize the power before taking the leap into the SC world. I anticipate adding 3.73 gears before this year's mod budget is blown.

·
Registered
139 Posts
HELP!!!! I installed the Steeda underdrive pulley kit and have been happily burning through more $3.50+/gal fuel with some extra giddyup. I have seen some older posts here swearing by the Steeda Timing Adjuster as an added bonus.

While I would love to have something more than a N/A engine, I do not anticipate this any time soon. Would I be better off opting for a tuner like the Xcalibrator3 or similar? Do I gain anything from the Steeda timing adjuster instead?

My goal is to optimize the power before taking the leap into the SC world. I anticipate adding 3.73 gears before this year's mod budget is blown.
Find a reputable tuner in your area and ask what unit he uses and buy that one from HIM....This way you establish a relationship and have a place where you can actually dyno your car.

Since you are going SC don't waste money on the Steeda, just by an SCT/Diablo/Sniper whatever.....
They are all pretty much the same but the key is to get the one supported by your local shop as well as the SC package you are thinking of buying.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
SC

Many supercharger kits come with a tuner loaded with their generic tune matching their supercharger. Buying a seperate tuner with this in the near future is probably just wasted money.

The Steeda timing part is NOT a tuner, it's a degreed indicator you bolt onto the car. This is not necessary if you are running a modern stang and using digital tuners.

In general terms, just adding UDP's does not require a tune. A true custom tune on an essentially stock car is a lot of expense for a small gain.

The best time to spend money on tuning and dynos is after a major upgrade (supercharger, turbocharger, nitrous, built motor, etc).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.