Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Years and years and years ago, you could buy a Ferrari in any color you wanted. As long as it was red. If I recall correctly, there were 15-18 shades of red over the decades.

Anyway, color choice is whatever you want anymore. If you get tired of it after a year or so, get a wrap or a repaint

I like it personally. Best wishes with whatever your choice! They're all a 3rd Gen Coyote under the hood. :)

Reactions: whitelove421976

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I like the color. Normally, I'm a basic color guy, black, grey, red, but this one look good, with the black accents.

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
3,567 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
That green GT is mouthwatering. I have a 2014 in a very bright green as well. I never get tired of looking at my car. Imo most super bright colors with black stripes look awesome. Orange is another favorite color of mine though I have yet to own a car painted with it.
That pic also perfectly shows something that I've noticed with my car many times. When the sun is going down and the colors on all the other cars are getting darker and blending into the background the bright green on mine still looks like it's glowing and sets it apart from the others. The human eye is most sensitive to green.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
welcome to the forum

If you want to be the brightest car on the road, that will do it . . . not my cup of tea, personally I think I would grow tired of it pretty quickly . . . up to you of course, but I do understand your concern

·
Super Moderator
8,683 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas. The color Green is complimented by Mustangs tasteful body lines. Green in various shades have adorned Mustangs over the decades and will actually give you a break from default white.

This color scheme below permeates MOPAR and is not a compliment to the dated body lines of either the Challenger or Charger. Rest assured Dipsy Green looks fine on a Mustang but the other fellas at MOPAR CDJR cant make it happen.

Sky Plant Nature Cloud Smile

·
Registered
402 Posts
Since Cobrajet67 mentioned the science part (y) of green, here's an interesting and brief article Green in Color Psychology

Good luck, life, optimism, new beginnings and more are all associated with green.

What more could you want? --> Geaux get that thing and join the Coyote club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
13,210 Posts
If that is a 2019 model, Ford called it "Need for green". It`s different from my `13 "Gotta have it green", but still very nice. When I got mine, the green was a love it or hate it color, but now a days it really turns heads. I just had my car in for state inspection & the mechanic told me that a woman pulled in off the road & asked if the car was for sale. Lol

·
Registered
2019 Mustang GT
10 Posts
Do it! 100% do it! Lime green is my absolute favorite color! Look at it this way, you could always wrap it if you end up deciding it’s too much after a while. Plan on doing that to mine (white is just not for me) eventually.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
yeah that definitely qualifies :) (y)

EDIT/PS -- looks like the mods merged two threads, I was replying to a thread titled "now I am a real member" or something like that

Reactions: dbkyser
1 - 16 of 16 Posts