Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'd normally do alot of research on my own, but I might have to place an order real soon.

Can you please give me the reason on why the brembo brake package and recarro seats are good ideas to get?

I know it's subjective, but I'd like to see your responses. They are the more expensive add-ons that I am looking at, and if I don't need them, I may cut them out.

Now I know I don't NEED them, but I'm talking about 'need' as in I need to buy a Mustang GT, ya know? :D

Thanks,
Sabin

·
Registered
348 Posts
Recaros feel awesome. Fit you well (and I'm a big guy) and keep you in place.

The Brembos... They are better brakes. They look better, they brake better... They resist fade after repeated braking. Anytime there is a brake upgrade available, I would get it. They are the most important part of the car.

Hope you get what YOU want! Good luck! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
199 Posts
First I would ask what your plans for the car are? Daily driving? Tracking?

If your going to track the car, I would say get both. If its a daily driver neither are "needed"

Also keep in mind that the brembo brakes are more than just brakes so i recommend test driving it first. The ride is a little more harsh and "aggressive" Good luck! I'm still waiting on mine to come in.

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I ordered my car in 2010, I got the BBP on my car. Now 2 years later, there are no regrets. I really like how the GT handles with the package. Also all the stuff that's included with the BBP.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
the brakes are awesome, i drove a friends 5.0 with them, and they felt much better.

as for the recardo's ive never driven a car with them, but i sat in a 2013 with the leather ones at the dealership, they were pretty cool, but for the like $3k ford charges for them... ive seen seats just like them on eBay for under $300 leather and everything.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
if you get them, no one will ? why you didn't.......The brakes like someone else said unless you track are looks only (.02) the seats are what feels better to your seat. I didn't need the PP but am glad I sprung for it. One way to look at it is how long are you going to keep this car, if it's for 10+ yrs then it's only a few hundred a year.

J

·
0 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but if you have to ask, you don't need them and probably won't get any value from them.
If you're just going to cruise/daily drive your car and will never push it hard then don't check those boxes and you won't regret a thing. Trust me you don't want the curse of the gearhead. We spend way too much money, time and knuckle skin on our cars and we will never be satisfied. If you can drive a base model and it makes you smile then keep it that way :)

·
Banned
2,225 Posts
Keep in mind that recaros should be sat in prior to ordering. Some like 'em, some don't. I find them a little too pinching in the side bolsters and I am fairly tall and slim. Recaros are manual adjust, so if you like creature comforts for daily driving such as 6 way power adjustable and seat heaters, better not get them.

As far as the Brembo Brake Package. Well worth the money for the upgraded brakes, suspension, tires, wheels and improved traction control parameters. But if you think you are going to want to lower the car, changes the wheels, etc. I would not get it and put the money towards your future mods.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My car is going to be my daily driver until I can afford to buy a secondary car for work. I knew 100% before I ordered my car that I wanted the brembo package, I love the look of the wheels and you can't go wrong with the upgraded brakes.

The recaros, I was interested in but had yet to sit in them in person. The dealership I went to had a couple of bosses, and the second I sat in them I knew that I wanted them. They just "fit" and plus they look bada**

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got both and I love both. I'm a taller person and the recaros feel awesome. Brembos are great as well the control compared to stock is night and day but the brake dust amount is killing my forgestar rims ahah :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts