Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

About to pull the trigger on new hood

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  stlwagon 
#1 ·
I am ready to order a hood from Cervini and wanted to throw out a couple of questions.
I am looking at the Cervini Concept hood.
Are there any issues with these hoods lifing at high speeds...in other words....are hood pins recommended?
Are there any clearence issues with future mods like strut braces or superchargers?
Any issues with matching black clearcoat paint?

#2 ·
paint np...lifting np...you won't need hood pins with a cervini hood...strut braces are not recommended...your on your own with supercharger.

#3 ·
Cervini's hood are high quality. I would not be afraid to order anything from them.

#6 ·
My Cervini's Ram Air hood wants to lift and the bolts come loose on the hood all the time. I would say its a must for hood locks with any hood that increases air flow under the hood. With out the locks when I am at high speeds or at the track you can really see my hood dance.

#7 ·
OK, I am going to post this for everyones information. I do not have the Cervini's hood. I have the Tru-fiber GT-S hood. It has the massive heat extractor vents. It pushes alot of air out from the engine compartment. When I had my OEM hood on, it was rock solid and never had any shaking or lift at any speed. With my new hood, even with the heat extractors, it starts dancing around at 65 MPH and higher. I will not admit to this, but at 95 MPH it starts to settle down. At 117 MPH it stopped all it's movement. It remained solid till I took my foot off the pedal at 137 MPH.

#8 ·
i have no shake issues at all. make sure you see some rub marks in your paint on the underside of hood from the adjustable rubber thingies up front. if you dont have marks, they need to be raised.

#9 ·
Yep. Thanks.. I did the adjustments in front and even had to shave the small rubber pads on each side midway down the hood so the hood would follow the lines of the fenders. Hood shake is not excessive, it just isn't as rock solid as the OEM hood was.

#10 ·
it just isn't as rock solid as the OEM hood was.
Mines the other way around. My stock hood danced around like mad at any speed above 75mph and my GTS-3 is rock solid all the way to 120mph(the fastest I've gone since installing the hood).:bigthumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.